I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: PetSana Food

I emailed them and they got back to me in a few hours. This is what I sent:

You have Sweet Potatoes listed as the first ingredient on both your turkey and beef food. So the bulk of your food is made up of a carbohydrate? Where is your guaranteed analysis? Thank you for your help in advance.

This is the response:
    Thank you for your question.

Sweet potato is our first ingredient due to the fact that we do not have simple carbohydrates in our food at all or any other fillers. Unlike many food companies, we don’t add things into our food to affect the percentages in a way just to have turkey or beef listed first. The best way I can describe this is with an example. Most pet foods contain rice or other grains. They might have white rice, brown rice and some other simple carbohydrate. If you added these up, they would be the first ingredient; however, they use a variety of fillers/simple carbohydrates so that individually they are each a lower percentage.

Sweet potatoes are a “super” vegetable. They really are the idea ingredient for so many reason. Rather than having sweet potato and a lesser veggie to change the percentages, we go with what is really best.

I have attached a pdf of our labels for you to view. The back of the package has the % breakdown. It’s not a fancy pdf, but has the info you were inquiring about.

Let me know if you have further questions that I can assist with. I am answering all correspondence from customers and potential customers at this time, so you can email me directly.

Sincerely,

Laurie

Laurie Girardi

VP of Sales

PetSana, Inc.

302-234-1770

-guaranteed-analysis-jpg
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting!!! Think I'll stick to my Fromm though .....

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Yea I'll be sticking with Earthborn, lol. I'm just really surprised that they don't have the guaranteed analysis on their website.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily & Lola(frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

I emailed them asking about their feeding guideline, or the food/water ratio, because all they say about preparation is to "add water", anyways, this is what they replied.

"You can find our feeding guide on our shopping cart. It's located right next to the Turkey or Beef Feast in the page where you see all of the descriptions about the particular product. If you go to our website and click "SHOP" and then pick your selection in terms of how you found us, you can then get to our shopping cart. Click on either Turkey or Beef Feast. When you get that page with all of the detail, look near where you select the frequency. You should see the words "HOW OFTEN?" click that and you get the chart.

Also, it is in our catalog found on our website at www.mypetsan.com.

For simplicity, I have also attached it here. The exact days vary for different dogs, so after your first bag of food, you may choose to adjust it."

Laurie

Laurie Girardi
    VP of Sales
    PetSana, Inc.
    302-234-1770

I think i will just continue feeding NVI

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree that I won't be changing foods, but it is an interesting concept. Thanks guys!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ok they do list the ingredients and guaranteed analysis on the site you have to click on it and it kinda looks like grandma lucys food but what concerns me is the pyramid thing where you sell the food and stuff. im not sure if i would use it or not. its a document so i cant post part of it here but if you go to the website and go to the optima food part and underneath it says download the product information and its all listed there. looks not to bad except for the carb being first but with that other stuff surrounding it id probably leave it alone. just my opinion. @marianne
    Last edited by cowsmom; 08-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads