General Question Alternative to Cottage Cheese and Yogurt

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I have powdered herbs that need to be added to Sadie's diet, and she HATES yogurt. She loves cottage cheese, but I've heard it feeds yeast, and Sadie is already overtaken with yeast. Is there a healthy, tasty alternative to mix with the herbs?

Thanks!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have powdered herbs that need to be added to Sadie's diet, and she HATES yogurt. She loves cottage cheese, but I've heard it feeds yeast, and Sadie is already overtaken with yeast. Is there a healthy, tasty alternative to mix with the herbs?

Thanks!
depends on why you are giving the cottage cheese and yogurt. if your looking for probiotic immune help you can give them people probiotics to help with the immune system and yeast. ive heard to get one that does not require refidgeration. sarah is on one that does require it but she is so picky with what i can give her with her allergies. if its just to give them something else to eat there are fruits and veggies people give.

OP
daphne18

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
depends on why you are giving the cottage cheese and yogurt. if your looking for probiotic immune help you can give them people probiotics to help with the immune system and yeast. ive heard to get one that does not require refidgeration. sarah is on one that does require it but she is so picky with what i can give her with her allergies. if its just to give them something else to eat there are fruits and veggies people give.

The herbs are separate from the probiotics I give her. They're called Allerqi by HerbSmith Inc. I guess I can just sprinkle it on the meat itself. Thanks!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I mix Abby's night time stomach meds with applesauce. Sometimes I've even mixed it with a little bit of vanilla ice cream or pudding if that's what it takes to get it into her.

Have you added apple cider vinegar to her diet? It works miracles on yeast problems

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
The herbs are separate from the probiotics I give her. They're called Allerqi by HerbSmith Inc. I guess I can just sprinkle it on the meat itself. Thanks!
oh ok sorry i totally missed what you were saying. yes id just sprinkle it on the meat or some canned food. i think i saw you raw feed do you give an egg maybe put it in that or some peanut butter or sour cream.

OP
daphne18

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
No, I haven't added Vinegar to her diet yet. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you both for the ideas! I'll experiment and figure out which works best for us.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=5624]daphne18[/MENTION] i also soak sarahs feet in shampoo and wash her in it like twice a week. dunno if your using an antifungal antibacterial shampoo or not. i should do it 3 times a week. not sure what the yeast problem is but sarah has one to. i have stuff i put on her feet and back like once a day to. good luck

OP
daphne18

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Well, I live in the Houston area and with our hot, humid weather, yeast will probably always be an issue in the summer. I have bathed Sadie in Malaseb. It is great for yeast, but it really bothers her breathing. She hates it! It has really helped her though. I am going to give her a mini bath tomorrow. I think just bathing the problem areas is best for her. I have to be very careful with her face wrinkles. She starts holding her breath the second she sees me coming toward her with the medicated face wipes. Overall, everything is looking so much better. I know her stained fur will have to grow off, but I can still see a tremendous improvement. She ate a little tripe this afternoon and acted like it was caviar. She is hysterical!

Thanks for everyone's input.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I was going to suggest Applesauce. Many dogs like people are lactose intolerant.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The acid in the RAW apple cider vinegar stops the yeast from growing. If you wipe her down with it (especially in the folds and wrinkles) and put a tbsp of it a day in her food or water, it will end your problem. I also put a few drops of it in each ear to kill anything that thinks it wants to live in there too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.