• 534534_4208534181284_988146518_n.jpg
    534534_4208534181284_988146518_n.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 484

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
I feed my bulldogs Nuro Natural Choice LAMB & RICE and we mix that with ROYAL CANIN. My dogs love it and they look great since we switched them to this diet. You cant go wrong with these two dog foods

LisaMojo

Mar 20, 2010
SW Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Winsten ChurcHell
Winsten gets Nutri Source for large breed puppy with chicken and rice he's in perfect health VERY energetic and happy as can be!

Attachments

• stinkeye1.png
    stinkeye1.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 567

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Yes, I have been rescuing bullys now for 10 years, and I see the results of 4 to 6 years of inferior food and life long chronic results.
I highly recommend Fromm, second choice is Natures logic, third choice ,Merrick forth choice, natures variety.
none of the bullys need more than 1/2 cup of this twice a day. trust me they do well on that amount. treat with veggies, and fruit.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
food

the food I recommended has both pre biotics and pro biotics,
all ingredients are from the USA, human grade, muscle meat. corn , and beet pulp are not good food. if the food has either in it ,.change, bulldogs do not digest corn, the yard gets it all, cheap fillers. several of the brands mentioned were also part of the food recall a couple years ago.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I know you trust your vet with thier lives, but vets get very little shcooling on food. AND OFTEN they own stocks in pet food companies. SO it is best to ask the people who know the breed from experience, fixing the problems that do not show up till it becomes chronic. 4 to 6 years down the road, and we hear what has been fed .then you see the problems that the wrong food causes. OVER AND OVER.
I also belong to a truth about pet foods. they dig into exactly what is in the pet food and where it comes from, what country, what type of chemicals, and where those come from, did you know that the warnings on bags of food only have to put the ingredients in bold lettering,,--and it is considered a warning!!! I can send you a list of the blue buffalo and and when some was recalled.90% of all foods have been recalled at one time - except the brands I recommend to you . Fromm- Natures Logic, Merrick, and their treats. I would be more than happy to send you a print out of the foods your vet recommended to you and the detailed ingredients and the rate of quality of them. e-mail me privately at [email protected] , I just wanted you to know what you are feeding now will come back to haunt you in a few years as chronic issues, unless you choose carefully . and it is a life of agony for your dog. if wrong. I deal with those every day.

PhoebeBulldog

Mar 23, 2010
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Phoebe
What did dogs survive on before man came into the picture? (Answer: Meat)
If you have a dog who's especially prone to allergies, etc. feeding them a completely natural diet of meat/bones (raw) with probiotics and potentially steamed or raw veggies (such as carrots) you will get a dog who loves their food and doesn't have reactions to their processed kibbles.
The first week when you change the food up, your dog's tummy will be a little bit off/loose, but when they get accustomed to it, their poops are light -- which is normal. It can be a lot of work when you first start up, but it's comparable or even cheaper in price that paying for expensive dog food.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
What is the Best food out there for my bully? Any recomendation.....:confused:

yes the very best is Fromm, it is a family owned business, and evry item in it comes from the USA or Canada. and it has pre biotics, and pro biotics to help digest and the immune system, as well as salmon oil. for omega 3 and 6 . helps shedding and the immune also.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
if you choose to feed raw- and it can be good. IF YOU KNOW THE SOURCE of the meat- dogs can get e-coli and salmonella just as we can. even natures variety just had a recall on its raw food- and they have the best out there. if you know the butcher, fine, but I wont try it. I am growing my own rabbits and eggs. dogs with salmonella is not a fun way to spend three or four days. and dogs have been genetically altered by us- they are NOT the wolfs of yesterday. BUT we must make sure that the food that is fed is quality, and that only comes from a holistic pet food store. there is not enough room for mark up in petsmart. or petco.
also I like SOJO's Euoropa dog food. it is grain free dehydrated veggies and fruit. soak with lots of water the night before - six/to one and you will love it. my guys will try to eat it dry if they can get into the bag, any veggies -except onions---and any fruit except grapes/raisins are great for dogs.
just no preservatives in human food. meat /fruit/veggies.
type in SoJo's .com

Attachments

• 05 450.jpg
    05 450.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3,342
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 887
OP
E

Elefant

Mar 15, 2010
Thanks to all for the useful info....

Attachments

• king-queen-hearts.jpg
    king-queen-hearts.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 5,032

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
i haven't read all of the other responses. i use to feed my eb's grain free canidae. i recently switched to canine caviar, which is also grain free. my female eb has several food allergies and digestive complications. canine caviar is easier on their digestive system and free of most of the ingredience that eb's tend to be allergic to, although all dogs are different.

Last edited:

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
oh, also, i give my ebs a 'treat' of unflavored (origional or low fat) kefir. you can find it in a lot of grocery stores or health food stores in the dairy/milk/yogurt department. depending on what form you buy it in. the one i buy is like a liquid yogurt drink and i give them a serving of it every day. it's probiotic and great for them and they love it.

Attachments

• lucylu2.jpg
    lucylu2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 524
  • Lucy3.jpg
    Lucy3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 461
  • Lucy Grinch 2014 resize.jpg
    Lucy Grinch 2014 resize.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 491
  • Lucy Lu 8_2014_4 resize.jpg
    Lucy Lu 8_2014_4 resize.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 537
  • Lucy Lu 8_2014_3 resize.jpg
    Lucy Lu 8_2014_3 resize.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 480
  • lucylu_1.jpg
    lucylu_1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 536
  • Lucy4.jpg
    Lucy4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 479

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I use eagle pack

hollistic chicken and love the results. I have used many great brands and types and each bully has different needs/allergies. My bully has great results with this food and it promotes a firm stool, which for us is very important. Works great and we have had no problems with it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 183

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.