Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Turkey

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Turkey

My dogs get NVI Limited Ingredient Turkey. I tried different kinds but have now decided to come back to this food as it seems to be the best all around food for all three of my dogs. No problems with poo either.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Lily is on NVI Limited Ingredient Turkey as well.
    She is doing good on it. And we have been lucky so far with no constipation!

Real Name
    Daphne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

I am new to English Bulldogs, but I will list every different food that I have used. She came to me eating Iam's puppy. I immediately transitioned (slowly) to Nature's Logic. She began to get a rash on her tummy plus very loose stools. I have read other people having the loose stool problem on this food, so I transitioned her to the Nature's Variety Instinct Turkey and I believe Duck (grain free). The rash persisted and spread a bit further into her armpits. The vet had to give a couple rounds of antibiotics with hydroxyzine. Since Nature's Variety and others recommend switching out the kibble proteins to avoid allergies, I did this after two months. I switched to their Beef and Lamb. Everything went downhill very quickly. I had to get her into vet. She had two severely yeast infected ears. The vet said that he felt she had food allergies and I needed to switch to a LID kibble and allergy test her at a year. I immediately switched her to the Nature's Variety Salmon only protein. Within one week the fur on her face turned red along with her tail pocket, belly, and female parts. I started researching and noticed that some dogs have a reaction (such as yeast) to tapioca which was in all three of the foods I tried. It is also the second ingredient of the LID Turkey kibble. I know many bulldogs do great on this food. I guess Sadie is especially sensitive. I have started her on raw chicken and so far so good. The rash has disappeared. The yeast has subsided, but not gone. I did try to feed her some raw turkey yesterday and the rash returned. I am betting on a turkey allergy which I think is strange since turkey seems so much like chicken. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know in case you have a problem. It might be the tapioca and not the protein.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Try Lotrimin powder in any red folds! Works wonders.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hooey
    Likes (Received)

We feed our Hooey NVI-Duck & turkey meal. When we got him we were feeding Purina Pro Plan (I know, uneducated parents ) until we realized how bad he was suffereing from allergy issues. He did a complete 180 when we first switched him. His "hot spots" were clearing up, he no longer had runny stools, the area around his mouth was no longer red, & it makes his coat EXTRA soft! I still suspect some sort of mild food allergy to the NVI because Hooey's tear stains are still rather bad & he occasionally licks at his paws, but all around it did wonders for him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads