Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nosy Neighbor

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nosy Neighbor

We feed raw too and when I read the canned horse meat I was thinking....well, it has to be full of preservatives to keep it fresh right? I would assume so since it's canned. I would say that most raw feeders are all about fresh or frozen meats and you won't see them going the canned route as it doesn't contain bone and I would think that poor little dog probably has constant runny poo.

I would agree with what the other posters have said, best to stay away from that route. Just point out to your neighbor what the can says.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Ya I think I'd tell him thanks but no thanks and then point out it is a supplement to there regular diet.
    this would be my course of action to. i could not be content until i knew if he was just supplementing this or if this was his dogs sole diet. then just let it go and hope he understands that its not for you.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think I would handle it like @GatorRay said. I would go out of my way to see him again only this time I'd start the conversation with something like "I was reading that can and was wondering, since it's a supplement only, what else you were mixing it with".

He may not know it's not really a whole food but he seems like the kind of guy to get offended of you point it out to him. This way you kind of flip the light switch on for him without hurting his feelings or getting into an argument.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads