Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get Fromm in Europe? (or other "top 5 recommended foods")

A bad BOY, not a girl! Become a 4 Paw Member LolasPuppet's Avatar
    Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the middle of Europe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Where to get Fromm in Europe? (or other "top 5 recommended foods")

I'm trying to find good food for my dog, but most of the best foods mentioned on this forum aren't available in my country, and it looks like the same goes for whole Europe (online stores).

For now I bought Taste of the Wild, but it's probably not the best for Lola (some minor health issues, so I'm trying to make her nutrition the best possible). I can also get Orijen here (but it's also probably not the best for her - too high in protein).

But I can't find any of the "top 5 recommended foods". Any other European knows where to get them?
    Last edited by LolasPuppet; 07-30-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Can't help but want to say Orijen is a great food, you feed less and you can even contact the company about your protein concerns, they have a well written reply regarding it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Where to get Fromm in Europe? (or other "top 5 recommended foods")

tagging all the europeans that i know here: @Lucy-licious @RiiSi (and someone else that I can't remember, eek! ... @Dubbiedog , are you the other??? lol)

There's a couple of brands that are available there that I've heard are great. Hopefully they'll get see this soon.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LolasPuppet View Post
    I'm trying to find good food for my dog, but most of the best foods mentioned on this forum aren't available in my country, and it looks like the same goes for whole Europe (online stores).

For now I bought Taste of the Wild, but it's probably not the best for Lola (some minor health issues, so I'm trying to make her nutrition the best possible). I can also get Orijen here (but it's also probably not the best for her - too high in protein).

But I can't find any of the "top 5 recommended foods". Any other European knows where to get them?

My family live in Ireland and my Neice and brother breed and show Champion Boxers. I can ask for their best recommended food. What is the issue with the Protein content in the Orijean? I will check out their site also as desertskybulldogs suggests.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Please call 011-49-6403-90270 for a store near you. <- is for Germany but may be a place to start...

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I feed raw, but I know that zooplus delivers all over Europe and they carry at least Orijen and that is considered 6 stars here like Fromm.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Can't help but want to say Orijen is a great food, you feed less and you can even contact the company about your protein concerns, they have a well written reply regarding it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I know that it's supposed to be great food, it's just that everyone keeps telling me I shouldn't feed a bully with food with so much protein.

I looked up that reply and it's an interesting read, to say the least. Also, Lola is quite active (for a bully that is, haha), so my concerns are probably wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    tagging all the europeans that i know here: @Lucy-licious @RiiSi (and someone else that I can't remember, eek! ... @Dubbiedog , are you the other??? lol)

There's a couple of brands that are available there that I've heard are great. Hopefully they'll get see this soon.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    My family live in Ireland and my Neice and brother breed and show Champion Boxers. I can ask for their best recommended food. What is the issue with the Protein content in the Orijean? I will check out their site also as desertskybulldogs suggests.
    Perhaps there's no real issue. Various people and 2 vets recommended that so much protein is not the best for bulldogs. But it's very possible that they don't know enough about best nutrition.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Please call 011-49-6403-90270 for a store near you. <- is for Germany but may be a place to start...
    Yeah, I saw that contact on their site. I contacted the UK retailer and they said you can't get the newest Fromm food, because of some EU compliance issue.
    Will try the German one you provided, thanks (I even speak some German ).
    Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    I feed raw, but I know that zooplus delivers all over Europe and they carry at least Orijen and that is considered 6 stars here like Fromm.
    Yeah, I planned on getting Orijen from the same store, just local version.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Oh, one more thing: can I mix Orijen with other food? Suppose I can get other good food that's lower in protein and then give her 1 meal of Orijen and 1 meal of another food per day? (probably a stupid question, but I need to learn more about nutrition )

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

hi there yes you could try that but with a bullies tummy im wondering if mixing the two for each meal would be better. 1/2 of one and 1/2 of the other. i was wondering if you can get orijen can you get acana to? its the same company just its a lower protein food. i myself used to be scared of a higher protein food for my dogs but ive come to wonder since sarah eats freeze dried raw which is about as much protein as you can get. good luck dear.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom: Yes, I can get Acana!

So, basically, higher protein food is not nearly as "bad" for bullies as people say?

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@LolasPuppet well i was scared of it to but like i say bullies eat raw food and sarah is eating freeze dried raw how much more protein can you get? i also know of bullies who eat orijen and do fine. we each have to do what we feel is right for our bullies. maybe try acana instead of mixing two foods would be better. just a suggestion.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I think that it must be some kind of urban myth that bullies cant handle protein. Too much is too much for everybody, but when we are talking about kibble that has almost no moisture and if there is no grain, what else is there? Bullies are not vegetarians eather. Bullies can have a defected gene that makes them susceptible to have bladder stones and then vets recommend feeding low protein kibble, but even then it is false.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads