Help Needed! Where to get Fromm in Europe? (or other "top 5 recommended foods")

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I'm trying to find good food for my dog, but most of the best foods mentioned on this forum aren't available in my country, and it looks like the same goes for whole Europe (online stores).

For now I bought Taste of the Wild, but it's probably not the best for Lola (some minor health issues, so I'm trying to make her nutrition the best possible). I can also get Orijen here (but it's also probably not the best for her - too high in protein).

But I can't find any of the "top 5 recommended foods". Any other European knows where to get them?

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can't help but want to say Orijen is a great food, you feed less and you can even contact the company about your protein concerns, they have a well written reply regarding it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
tagging all the europeans that i know here: @Lucy-licious @RiiSi (and someone else that I can't remember, eek! ... [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION] , are you the other??? lol)

There's a couple of brands that are available there that I've heard are great. Hopefully they'll get see this soon.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I'm trying to find good food for my dog, but most of the best foods mentioned on this forum aren't available in my country, and it looks like the same goes for whole Europe (online stores).

For now I bought Taste of the Wild, but it's probably not the best for Lola (some minor health issues, so I'm trying to make her nutrition the best possible). I can also get Orijen here (but it's also probably not the best for her - too high in protein).

But I can't find any of the "top 5 recommended foods". Any other European knows where to get them?

My family live in Ireland and my Neice and brother breed and show Champion Boxers. I can ask for their best recommended food. What is the issue with the Protein content in the Orijean? I will check out their site also as desertskybulldogs suggests.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Please call 011-49-6403-90270 for a store near you. <- is for Germany but may be a place to start...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feed raw, but I know that zooplus delivers all over Europe and they carry at least Orijen and that is considered 6 stars here like Fromm.

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Can't help but want to say Orijen is a great food, you feed less and you can even contact the company about your protein concerns, they have a well written reply regarding it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)
I know that it's supposed to be great food, it's just that everyone keeps telling me I shouldn't feed a bully with food with so much protein.

I looked up that reply and it's an interesting read, to say the least. Also, Lola is quite active (for a bully that is, haha), so my concerns are probably wrong.
tagging all the europeans that i know here: @Lucy-licious @RiiSi (and someone else that I can't remember, eek! ... @Dubbiedog , are you the other??? lol)

There's a couple of brands that are available there that I've heard are great. Hopefully they'll get see this soon.
Thanks!
My family live in Ireland and my Neice and brother breed and show Champion Boxers. I can ask for their best recommended food. What is the issue with the Protein content in the Orijean? I will check out their site also as desertskybulldogs suggests.
Perhaps there's no real issue. :) Various people and 2 vets recommended that so much protein is not the best for bulldogs. But it's very possible that they don't know enough about best nutrition.
Please call 011-49-6403-90270 for a store near you. <- is for Germany but may be a place to start...
Yeah, I saw that contact on their site. I contacted the UK retailer and they said you can't get the newest Fromm food, because of some EU compliance issue.
Will try the German one you provided, thanks (I even speak some German ;)).
I feed raw, but I know that zooplus delivers all over Europe and they carry at least Orijen and that is considered 6 stars here like Fromm.
Yeah, I planned on getting Orijen from the same store, just local version.

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Oh, one more thing: can I mix Orijen with other food? Suppose I can get other good food that's lower in protein and then give her 1 meal of Orijen and 1 meal of another food per day? (probably a stupid question, but I need to learn more about nutrition ;))

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hi there yes you could try that but with a bullies tummy im wondering if mixing the two for each meal would be better. 1/2 of one and 1/2 of the other. i was wondering if you can get orijen can you get acana to? its the same company just its a lower protein food. i myself used to be scared of a higher protein food for my dogs but ive come to wonder since sarah eats freeze dried raw which is about as much protein as you can get. good luck dear.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=5160]LolasPuppet[/MENTION] well i was scared of it to but like i say bullies eat raw food and sarah is eating freeze dried raw how much more protein can you get? i also know of bullies who eat orijen and do fine. we each have to do what we feel is right for our bullies. maybe try acana instead of mixing two foods would be better. just a suggestion.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I think that it must be some kind of urban myth that bullies cant handle protein. Too much is too much for everybody, but when we are talking about kibble that has almost no moisture and if there is no grain, what else is there? Bullies are not vegetarians eather. Bullies can have a defected gene that makes them susceptible to have bladder stones and then vets recommend feeding low protein kibble, but even then it is false.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Bullies can have a defected gene that makes them susceptible to have bladder stones and then vets recommend feeding low protein kibble, but even then it is false.

Very true! 20 years ago it was taught that low protein diets were an absolute MUST for dogs with bladder and kidney issues. Now we know better. It's not the quantity of protein that matters, its the quality.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Oh, one more thing: can I mix Orijen with other food? Suppose I can get other good food that's lower in protein and then give her 1 meal of Orijen and 1 meal of another food per day? (probably a stupid question, but I need to learn more about nutrition ;))

Dublin has just "graduated" to Orijen and is loving it and doing good on it. I wasn't concerned about the protein "issue" until I read this post and then went to the the Orijen Website and very good about it. I do know that Dublin is less hungry now that she is on it ( though she would eat all day if you let her and the steroids don't help :laugh:) I may consider mixing a little Acana with it at some point depending on how things go but for now I'm happy.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Dublin has just "graduated" to Orijen and is loving it and doing good on it. I wasn't concerned about the protein "issue" until I read this post and then went to the the Orijen Website and very good about it. I do know that Dublin is less hungry now that she is on it ( though she would eat all day if you let her and the steroids don't help :laugh:) I may consider mixing a little Acana with it at some point depending on how things go but for now I'm happy.

I forgot to add that I asked my niece in Ireland about Fromm and she has not heard of it at all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.