General Question I love Fromm

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have had Lola 4 days now and the first 24 hours she was on avoderm but wasnt thrilled with it and I had a bag of fromm waiting at home so I have been mixing 1/4 cup avoderm and 1/4 cup fromm per feeding and doing that 3 times a day and as soon as I added the fromm she ate like she was starved! I am going to keep it at half and half tell I am almost done with my bag of avoderm but she tries not to eat it smart little thing. My question is I know everyone on here says half a cup 3x a day but is it ok if she isnt eating all that? She right now is eating about a cup a day and at the end of the day there is still some left in her bowl. Should I try making her eat it all or just assume she is getting what she needs? She is little but has a fat little belly and I swear she has gained a pound just in the time I have had her!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im no puppy expert but she maybe just getting used to her surroundings still. we have another new puppy owner and her puppy was not eating all his food everytime either. sometimes he would eat it all and sometimes he would leave some. im thinking maybe she will start eating more when she gets used to things. ill tag some puppy peeps and see if this is ok or not. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] they are more experienced with them than i am. shes such a cutie.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Fromm is much better and I love it too :) She may not want to eat it all as it may be too much for her. The slow transition is done over 2-3 weeks and its not usually 50/50 in the beginning. Its 25%new/75old for about 3-4 days then 50 new/50 old for 4-7 Days then 75new/25 old for 5-6 days and then you can give 100% . It helps transisiton with little to no tummy upset. Has her poo been tested for parasites? Sometimes young puppies with wide bellys may have something. Just giving info hope all goes well! She is definatley a cutie :) A smart one too :smoochwink:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If she's not losing weight, has good pooh's drinking well and active, don't force feed. She's still little, and still fitting in to her surroundings. Take some pictures, I want to see her. :yes:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She doesnt have a big wide belly she just looks like a chubby belly but its not big and round. All of her looks chubby and skin is everywhere! Love it!:heart:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
She doesnt have a big wide belly she just looks like a chubby belly but its not big and round. All of her looks chubby and skin is everywhere! Love it!:heart:

Pictures Pictures :lol: I saw her yesterday on the kissy video and she is perfect :) Our Chanel had a wide belly and had worms :barf: Poor baby but with meds it went away..I am a worry wart :)

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola first year 001.jpgLola first year 005.jpgLola first year 007.jpgLola first year 010.jpg
This is pretty much all she does right now. She plays for about 30 minutes then sleeps for a hour then starts all over again. She has not had one accident in the house even with the runs and she hasnt when potty in her bed at night either! She whines when she needs to potty and wakes me up other than that she doesnt cry when I put her in her bed or anything! She is the easiest puppy I have ever had!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION]...that's because Lola's smart AND beautiful...you've hit
the bully lotto! Thanks for the pics, love her girly accessories!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What a cutie!!! The poop problem is probably from the food transition as well as being in a new home. She is just too sweet!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Thanks everyone! I think she is perfect but growing to fast!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She's so beautiful! I'm so happy she's being such a great pup! Jake never had an accident either! Then when he was a teenager he pooped in the house twice! Just to show me he could I guess! But it was short lived...enjoy her! They grow so fast! :love:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a sweet baby, that's what she will do for awhile is just play a little and sleep. She is still a little baby and needs plenty of rest. As @Sheery said as long as she is drinking water, pooping, and gaining weight she is fine so don't force her to eat more than she wants. She's looking great.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She is drinking a lot but I dont limit her water and I have to refill her big bowl a couple times a day. She ate all her breakfast and all her lunch so if she eats her dinner than she ate all of it today. I wish I had a scale to weigh her she already looks like she has changed so much!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My vet said she should gain a pound a week for a total of 4 to 5 pounds a month for the next couple months is that about right?

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
Renzo was on IAMS Puppy when we got him, it seemed he would just nibble at it, we took about a week to switch him to Fromm, once we got him on 100% Fromm, he started eating like he had never seen food before. Fromm is a great product and bullies love it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.