URGENT!!! Helpppppp!!!!!! Very very concern

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi< Charlie is only 10 weeks old and his tear stains problem is big. he is eating blue wilderness ( high protein food and grain free) but im very concern.
I spoke with the breeder and he told me to give him angel eyes and tums daily. i ask him about the food and he told me no to change it.....
Do u have any suggetions or advice??
IMG-20120725-01329.jpgIMG-20120725-01331.jpg
I need ur help pleaseeeeee > tks

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Hi,
Firstly calm down, it's okay!
Secondly, If you are inclined, you can change his food, sometimes this is all it takes. That's your call though, you'd have to switch him gradually. Some people will swear by a specific food that fixed tear stains, maybe they will chime in.

Do you wipe his face daily with baby wipes or puppy wipes? You should be cleaning his face, and then drying his face as well. I would put some cornstarch in those wrinkles too, it will help to dry out the skin.

Lastly, if you're concerned this might be a health issue, and he's tearing more than "normal" you might want to see your vet

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I sure hear the concern in your voice and while there are many more seasoned bully owners on here and I know you will hear from them also I can speak to my own experience. First of all you have a bully with at least an all white face as do I and the more white the more obvious the tear stains. My EB Dublin has had awful tear stains from nearly day one. The breeder was feeding her Royal Canin and I continued. Over time she developed yeast and just couldnt' get it under control. The more I read and asked about the food I realized that it had dyes and additives. to make a very long story short. I could not get Dublin to eat anything else but she recently underwent surgery and is on steroids ( which make her constantly hungry) so I felt this was the time. I did tons of research and while I found a number of great foods the one I settled on is called Orijen. I am using their "Original Red" No, grains, dyes or additives. Not found at the big box stores but at your specialty pet store. I don't know if the blue wilderness you are feeding Charlie has any dye or food coloring but do check. I am weaning Dublin onto the Orijen and already the tear stains and brown is receeding. I can't imagine giving a 10 week old puppy Angel eyes and tums. She had her two week check up today and the Surgeon was saying how wonderful she looked. She also has gastric issues and I see a major difference there also. Good luck and you are definitely in the right place for great advice.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I would be more concerned with the high protein vrs the tear stains at this point and time.

I may be wrong but from what I have read Bulldogs can not tolerate high protein/high phosphorus.

We keep Lulu on a product no higher then 27% protein and grain free.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well... tear stains are only a problem to us looking at their face so calm down. Nothing is "wrong" with your baby. Many things can help clear up the tear stains and I have actually not heard of angel eyes actually helping anyone yet. Cutty had them semi bad for years and then since changing to fromm there isnt a sign of anything at all. I do nothing special really and actually his folds do not need wiped out as often as many here do theirs. Switching foods is totally fine so long as you do it slowly. Many use fromm for their puppies and love it. Although I for the life of me cannot remember how much etc or at what age is ok. others here do tho so if you are interested you will get the help.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I respectfully disagree with your breeder. Allergies to an ingredient in food/treats seems the number one cause of tear stains. The problem is it's not always easy to determine the allergen or allergens. It's going to take some time to do whatever you do to try to eradicate the tear stains.

So relax. Tear stains are not life threatening. They can turn into nasty yeast issues, but don't always. More often than not it's more a cosmetic issue than anything. So check out the article provided above and good luck with whatever course of action you choose from the recommendations there.

When you figure out what helps, post the results and perhaps you can help someone else out in the future.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would not use the angel eyes on a puppy myself. It may be an allergy and will clear up soon. It could even be your water doing it. Try filtered water if you are not already. Just give it some time and maybe even try a different food. If he is tearing more than you think he should see your vet. Might be an eye issue.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
He is right now drinking only Nestle purified water.. I start today as well with the peroxide/corn.. to see if this is gonna improve his tear stains. Vet appointment is on friday so I will update some info on friday. What do u guys think about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy formula... no chicken, grain free and 27% protein compare to 36% from Buffalo...

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
He is right now drinking only Nestle purified water.. I start today as well with the peroxide/corn.. to see if this is gonna improve his tear stains. Vet appointment is on friday so I will update some info on friday. What do u guys think about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy formula... no chicken, grain free and 27% protein compare to 36% from Buffalo...

TOTW has a recall in place please read the link I posted up earlier.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Really.... i guess that i have to move to FROMM. any ideas from Natural Balance.i just check... NB has a recall as well on may 4
Dubbiedog, yes is face is all whitecharlieee.jpg

Last edited:

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Really.... i guess that i have to move to FROMM. any ideas from Natural Balance.i just check... NB has a recall as well on may 4
Dubbiedog, yes is face is all whiteView attachment 24445

Well before you rush out and change foods do some research talk to your vet about it Friday.

If I could get Fromm here I would switch to it but sadly n o retailers here carry it nor are interested in bringing it in for me.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson had some tear stains that went away after I switched him to filtered water. We have been through alot of food changes but I didn't notice any difference until I started giving him filtered water. I use baby wipes to wipe his wrinkles every day or two and one day I noticed they were gone.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Watson had some tear stains that went away after I switched him to filtered water. We have been through alot of food changes but I didn't notice any difference until I started giving him filtered water. I use baby wipes to wipe his wrinkles every day or two and one day I noticed they were gone.

I started using Nestle purified water today>> i will keep u inform guys. tks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.