URGENT!!! Helpppppp!!!!!! Very very concern

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't repeat enough .... TEAR STAINS ARE HARMLESS .... they are cosmetic only!!!!!

If I were you I would change NOTHING until your baby has been with you for a month. That way Charlie is totally acclimatized to your home, and your way of life. AND above all settled!!!

If you start switching stuff up now ... when he has already been through a HUGE life change by coming to you then you will know NOTHING!!

So STOP panicking .. .take deep breaths .... and enjoy your puppy (tear stains and all) ... you have the rest of your lives together to work out the finer details!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I would see if the filtered water helps first n if not then you can see about changing food when he has had a chance to settle. Bullies don't do well with a lot of sudden changes and are best with a routine they like to follow. So yes slow down n enjoy your bully some. If need be you can tweek thinks later n I don't think much of taste of the wild or natural balance but fromm is good. Keep us posted n calm down n kiss n love your bully

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] Tks... well guys went to the vet on friday. everything is fine woth me. about the rear stains she only told me to maintain and keep his face clean>He is to little to said that he had allergies. I agree but as well i dont want to have sorprises later on. so if u guys can help to see what food out there is good to PREVENT tear stains please let me know. Natural balance, Wellness and TOW had a recall... so looking for new options tks again

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@cowsmom Tks... well guys went to the vet on friday. everything is fine woth me. about the rear stains she only told me to maintain and keep his face clean>He is to little to said that he had allergies. I agree but as well i dont want to have sorprises later on. so if u guys can help to see what food out there is good to PREVENT tear stains please let me know. Natural balance, Wellness and TOW had a recall... so looking for new options tks again
well im glad your baby is fine. well thats the thing what works for one for tears does not work for others. it depends on what your bully is allergic to. fromm is a good place to start with the food. keep us updated

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator had awful tear stains and there are tons of causes. There is food allergy (good thing to start with), environmental allergies (spring/summer is the worst!), eye issues (entropian or eyelash issues), etc. I would start with a slow, easy food change and work the stains with peroxide twice a day. Eliminate grains from your pup's diet and get a food that doesn't have chicken as an ingredient (usual suspect). I would use the new food for at least two months and check for improvement. I would also have the vet check your dog's eyelids for eyelashes growing in the wrong spot or entropian. Some inexperienced vets may not spot this so be sure you look for someone who has seen it before and can spot it before it leads to ulcers on the cornea. If it seems to be none of these, you can guess it is likely environmental allergies.

Don't panic! Tear stains are so common that every bully owner can expect to see them (some are lucky and don't). I put them right up there with the inevitable puppy acne. I know that being a new bully owner can be stressful but it is also very exciting! Take it slow, don't panic, and check in here or with your vet if you have issues and it will be just fine :).

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Gator had awful tear stains and there are tons of causes. There is food allergy (good thing to start with), environmental allergies (spring/summer is the worst!), eye issues (entropian or eyelash issues), etc. I would start with a slow, easy food change and work the stains with peroxide twice a day. Eliminate grains from your pup's diet and get a food that doesn't have chicken as an ingredient (usual suspect). I would use the new food for at least two months and check for improvement. I would also have the vet check your dog's eyelids for eyelashes growing in the wrong spot or entropian. Some inexperienced vets may not spot this so be sure you look for someone who has seen it before and can spot it before it leads to ulcers on the cornea. If it seems to be none of these, you can guess it is likely environmental allergies.

Don't panic! Tear stains are so common that every bully owner can expect to see them (some are lucky and don't). I put them right up there with the inevitable puppy acne. I know that being a new bully owner can be stressful but it is also very exciting! Take it slow, don't panic, and check in here or with your vet if you have issues and it will be just fine :).

Great tks for all ur help.... he is right now on grain free food but it has chicken on it ( blue wilderness ) I think that after all the recalls that i saw on some companies I will go with Fromm Beef Frittata.... If someone has similar issues and wanna provide with some food options. Please tks

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Fromm is great just take the transition very slowly if you choose to switch. As stated above, tear stains are cosmetic and in most cases, no big deal.

For one of my bullies, it was a sign of eye issues and for the other it is environmental allergies. We had the eye issues fixed and his eyes stopped watering so much. For the other, we can't do much but try to keep her wrinkles as dry as possible.

Good luck and I am sure your baby is just fine :)

Members online

No members online now.