HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Now its not because I don't like it but there are days that BeBe just refues to eat it and all the recalls. So far Ive only given them a 1/4 cup a feeding and plan to make this last 2 to 3 weeks since I have a new bag of each....

I got the Whole fish and Oatmeal it smells good :D

who else feeds Blue and how you like it?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
My husband and I have been doing a ton of research on dog food in the last two week as Dublin has terrible allergies ( along with so many other things) Her vet put her on Royal Canin Vet prescription Hypoallergenic. She came to me on Royal Canin and I have been trying to get her off it ever since. I belive it is responsible for her yeast and tear stains and a host of other things. I feel I was proven correct when after her surgery she didnt' eat for 4 days and during that time her face was super clear and no paw chewing etc. I had tried her on every flavor of Fromm and she spit it all out. She is still on steroids and always wanting to eat so I thought this would be an excellent time to try again. Well we both did seperate research and then came together to see what we found and number one on our lists was Orijen. Never heard of it but it is dye free and preservative free along with everything else. It gets top rating and it is available in our area. Next was Merrick and Fromm was on that list also. "Regional Red" is the food from Orijen that I will try first. If anyone has had experience with Orijen I would love to hear.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Ive read that NVI is amazing as is Fromm and Orijen.... Im an odd duck though Ive been trying to find a place local to buy the food, still not 100% on the shipping to my house.

Another question?

If you have Multi dogs How meny differant foods do you feed?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Ive read that NVI is amazing as is Fromm and Orijen.... Im an odd duck though Ive been trying to find a place local to buy the food, still not 100% on the shipping to my house.

Another question?

My husband is the opposite he never goes to the store. Anything he needs he buys online and has it shipped. I only have one dog so can't answer your multi dog question. I would have to think that if you buy the best they all should be able to eat it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow

Another question?

ok i myself have fed totw and wont again because of diamond and all their recalls and such. blue buffalo is a good food not the best but ive had my pets all on it at one time or another. the wilderness is the best but their regular line is ok. i have 3 dogs and they all eat something different due to allergies. not what i prefer but just what it is.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
My husband and I have been doing a ton of research on dog food in the last two week as Dublin has terrible allergies ( along with so many other things) Her vet put her on Royal Canin Vet prescription Hypoallergenic. She came to me on Royal Canin and I have been trying to get her off it ever since. I belive it is responsible for her yeast and tear stains and a host of other things. I feel I was proven correct when after her surgery she didnt' eat for 4 days and during that time her face was super clear and no paw chewing etc. I had tried her on every flavor of Fromm and she spit it all out. She is still on steroids and always wanting to eat so I thought this would be an excellent time to try again. Well we both did seperate research and then came together to see what we found and number one on our lists was Orijen. Never heard of it but it is dye free and preservative free along with everything else. It gets top rating and it is available in our area. Next was Merrick and Fromm was on that list also. "Regional Red" is the food from Orijen that I will try first. If anyone has had experience with Orijen I would love to hear.
i have not fed orijen but have a boston on acana and hes doing great. you may want to watch as ive heard dogs can have soft stools on it so maybe watch how much you feed. also have you had an allergy test? if not maybe look at that. it cuts down on this food switching alot. also if your dealing with a pet with the problems your having sometimes less is more. using a food with less ingredients helps to narrow down what the problem is. that being said orijen is an excellent food just cost alot here. good luick :)

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ok i myself have fed totw and wont again because of diamond and all their recalls and such. blue buffalo is a good food not the best but ive had my pets all on it at one time or another. the wilderness is the best but their regular line is ok. i have 3 dogs and they all eat something different due to allergies. not what i prefer but just what it is.

I got the fish and oatmeal yesterday they seam to like it, im hoping the glucosemen and the other vit in there would be good for the BeBe...

I havent been able to get Col face to clear up as well as BeBes....

I think I was being nieve about keeping them on the same food?

I was looking at the wildrness as well... Guess I need to do a little more research :blush2: and make sure I didn't make a bad choice....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would not hesitate ordering online anymore. Petflow not only has competitive prices but they also ship free with our coupon code - englishbulldog On orders over $49

Even if you want to try a smaller bag to see if it works or not it still is only $4.95 shipping. In this day and age, it is just too convenient to not spend an hour to go to the store for food... I also never left the stores without toys and other non essential items I did not need (lol) so I figure it's best to keep me out of there! So not only do I save money on fuel, tax, but I save time... Because it takes less than 5 minutes to order from petflow. :D

Orijein is a great food. I have never tried it but I know from many others it is. Nothing better than word of mouth. Another food that you should look into is Natures Logic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I got the fish and oatmeal yesterday they seam to like it, im hoping the glucosemen and the other vit in there would be good for the BeBe...

I havent been able to get Col face to clear up as well as BeBes....

I think I was being nieve about keeping them on the same food?

I was looking at the wildrness as well... Guess I need to do a little more research :blush2: and make sure I didn't make a bad choice....
no dear not a bad choice if it works for your bullies. to much switching can also be bad so just see how this goes. well its nice to have them on the same food but sometimes thats not possible esp with bullies and their allergies but with other dogs as well as i have 2 bostons that are on different foods.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
i have not fed orijen but have a boston on acana and hes doing great. you may want to watch as ive heard dogs can have soft stools on it so maybe watch how much you feed. also have you had an allergy test? if not maybe look at that. it cuts down on this food switching alot. also if your dealing with a pet with the problems your having sometimes less is more. using a food with less ingredients helps to narrow down what the problem is. that being said orijen is an excellent food just cost alot here. good luick :)
This :cry:will be the first time ever ( other than my short trial with Fromm) that her food has ever been changed. I really dont' need to go the allergy testing route as her Dr. and her Surgeon already agree that she is allergic to the "world" Benydryl 3x day. Primal Defense Probiotics ( her vet takes them and now she and I take them) Pepcid twice a day.... Should I go on?:nope: Most of her issues are above the waist:yes: The other end has always been good but yes the changeover will be slow. I think once we finally get the food situation sorted she will be a much healthier dog all round. Wish me luck...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
This :cry:will be the first time ever ( other than my short trial with Fromm) that her food has ever been changed. I really dont' need to go the allergy testing route as her Dr. and her Surgeon already agree that she is allergic to the "world" Benydryl 3x day. Primal Defense Probiotics ( her vet takes them and now she and I take them) Pepcid twice a day.... Should I go on?:nope: Most of her issues are above the waist:yes: The other end has always been good but yes the changeover will be slow. I think once we finally get the food situation sorted she will be a much healthier dog all round. Wish me luck...
oh for sure all the luck in the world your way. the allergy test is just a suggestion and helped me alot with sarah and maybe down the road something to think about. well you have picked an excellent food so i will say i hope it goes well.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
oh for sure all the luck in the world your way. the allergy test is just a suggestion and helped me alot with sarah and maybe down the road something to think about. well you have picked an excellent food so i will say i hope it goes well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence I will let you know how it goes. If we can't get to the bottom of the food thing I may go the allergy test route, but both drs. have put me off for now.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks for the vote of confidence I will let you know how it goes. If we can't get to the bottom of the food thing I may go the allergy test route, but both drs. have put me off for now.
well let me just say this about allergy testing and then ill leave you alone about it but i have had sarah on like id say 15 to 20 kibbles trying to find something that she did not have problems with and then i had the test and realized she is allergic to things in all kibble it seems so i now have her on vital essentials freeze dried raw and shes doing great. ok done now :peace2:

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have learned that just because it cost a lot of $$$ doens't mean its gonna work for them....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.