Other new natures variety instinct

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so i see natures variety has a new instinct kibble and since i know some here feed it i thought i would mention it. its called instinct raw boost. it is instinct kibble with freeze dried raw kibble mixed in. here is what it says on the instinct website.

Instinct® Raw Boost™ is the first ever grain-free kibble with freeze dried raw in the same bag. It's never been more convenient to nourish your dog with the nutrition of raw. The grain-free kibble provides low carb, high protein nutrition along with freeze dried raw pieces to give your dog a bite-sized boost of healthy raw food.
they have a chicken formula, and duck and turkey forumula, and venison and lamb.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Thanks for the info. Ruggles is doing well on the limited ingredient turkey. I'm betting the new food adding raw is higher in protein, which most Bulldogs don't need because they aren't active enough!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes its 42% protein but then i feed sarah freeze dried raw beef and shes fine with it so im not sure thats a problem. its just fyi for peeps to know about anyway.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
very interesting, how expensive is it compared to the regular NVI limited lamb. It is something I would consider
i wish i could remember ana i saw it at petco. im thinking a small bag was like 18 dollars. a bit more than the reg nvi. dont quote me though

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
but the real question is.... how much phosphorous is in it?
i dunno doesnt list it on the page. i guess you could sent them an email and ask.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I saw this at my local pet store where I buy my food and it was SUPER expensive! I can't remember exactly how much but I was taken aback by the cost. I also wasn't clear on what the "boost" was supposed to provide, I guess.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I saw this at my local pet store where I buy my food and it was SUPER expensive! I can't remember exactly how much but I was taken aback by the cost. I also wasn't clear on what the "boost" was supposed to provide, I guess.
the boost is freeze dried raw kibble in with the regular kibble. it also does not seem to have the peas n such the others have. its like feeding kibble and raw at the same time which some people are doing anyway.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok i was looking at petco and omg its like 20 bucks for like 4.5 pounds and 67 dollars for 24.5 pounds or something like that. :eek: not sure what it would be online [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION]

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
i just bought a 4.4lbs ($20) bag of the duck and turkey formula (raw boost)last week, since i'm making the transition back to NVI, and today i went to buy another bag and i saw none on the shelf, so i asked and apparently it's no longer going to be available at my local(s) PETCO no more :blink:. at first they said it had been pulled from the shelf, then they said they were just not going to carry it anymore at the local stores.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i just bought a 4.4lbs ($20) bag of the duck and turkey formula (raw boost)last week, since i'm making the transition back to NVI, and today i went to buy another bag and i saw none on the shelf, so i asked and apparently it's no longer going to be available at my local(s) PETCO no more :blink:. at first they said it had been pulled from the shelf, then they said they were just not going to carry it anymore at the local stores.
what? it just came out. ill have to check my petco and see whats up. :hmm:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
what? it just came out. ill have to check my petco and see whats up. :hmm:

They had a 25 lb bag at my local store that was $68.99 as well as smaller ones. I'm still not clear on it's advantages, especially for a low energy breed like a bully, so I probably won't try it.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I just bought a bag of this for Otis yesterday. He loves it. Petco has the big bag on sale for 58.00. Then I was talking to the store manager about Mr Bighead. I told her that we were fostering right now, adopting once he's neutered... she gave me adoption pamphlets with 50% off coupons in them :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.