Help Needed! I need some advice>>> (confused)

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi..:tease: Im a newbie here> my Bully is 9 weeks old and he is right on Blue Wilderness> I did a lot of research about food and food that i can get close to me, so thats why I got Blue wilderness but from what I read some people recommend food with low protein. Im feeding him 1 1/2 x day. is that too much protein for him? should i change his food to a food with lower protein? any opinions about Earthborn Meadow Feast dry food?
:peace2:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Ahhh... there really is a human behind that puppy typing... LOL :welcome: We have some very good bully nutritionists that should be along sometime soon to help. I don't know much about feeding puppies but I keep hearing Fromm puppy food mentioned as being about the best for baby bullies. Meanwhile, enjoy the site and you may want to read some of the articles about bully food located here on EBN. :)

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
I use Fromm Gold Puppy (Pink Bag), I've heard it all low protein, high protein, fruits and vegetables, no fruits and vegetables, raw, etc it's all a bit confusing for me. I just stick to the high quality foods and I beleive that Blue Buffalo is one, so you should be good.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
As far as getting food that is near you, have you looked into petflow.com? I order fromm thru them since it is such a pain to buy close to me as well. Free shipping even, cant go wrong there. Clcik on the ad that pops up under the first post (yours in this thread) and check it out. Really a good deal at least for me having 2 little girls going and buying a big bag all the time would be a pain in my bootie.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
I meant i dont wanna order food that neds to be ship out... Close to me I can get some of the best foods out there but no FROMM> but my big concern right now is low or high protein? any cons or pos?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would feed him 3 times a day until he is about 5 months old then go to 2 times a day. We feed our pups FROMM gold puppy. But I have heard Blue Buffalo is a good food also.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Hi..:tease: Im a newbie here> my Bully is 9 weeks old and he is right on Blue Wilderness> I did a lot of research about food and food that i can get close to me, so thats why I got Blue wilderness but from what I read some people recommend food with low protein. Im feeding him 1 1/2 x day. is that too much protein for him? should i change his food to a food with lower protein? any opinions about Earthborn Meadow Feast dry food?
:peace2:
i just replied to this in your intro post so i hope you will go read it. lol im to lazy to type it over here. :2thumbs:

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I understand your confusion because I am in the midst of switching my puppy to a more "adult" food and the more you read, the more confused you feel. you have probably heard the general statement that bulldogs don't tolerate a high-protein food. The worry with the higher protein food is in regards to weight gain because bully's by nature tend to be a little on the lazy side. As long as your puppy maintains a healthy weight, has formed stools and doesn't seem like His stomach is upset a higher protein food will probably be fine for him. Read the EBN articles on dog food, they are really helpful!

Members online

No members online now.