Help Needed! Fromm for puppies???

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I wanted to switch maximus to fromm since ive been reading that fromm is a great food for bullies. I was wondering which fromm is best for a puppy? Maximus just turned 3 months old. And how much fromm should i feed him?? should he be on kibble only? or also a mixture of soft food? Trying to find the best diet for my maximus. Thanks for any info provided.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
There are people who feed Fromm for pups.. I put Jake on a Fromm all stages food at. About 10 weeks. Their all stages are for puppies thru adults. The beef Fritatta is a good one because there is no chicken in it. I'll tag a couple people who keep their pups on puppy food longer too..they use Fromm puppy. Remember..slow transition whatever you choose!

@desertskybulldogs....@Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our pups Fromm puppy until they are about 7 or 8 months old, then switch them over to the adult food. At 3 months I would still feed him 3 times a day until about he is about 5 or 6 months old. Right now about 1/2 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day. You can tell if they get too much food because their poop will be soft, in that case just cut back a little.

OP
ham3381

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
do you have a preference in which fromm puppy food?

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=5338]ham3381[/MENTION] FROMM Puppy Gold, then when you want to switch to adult use one of the FROMM 4 star foods.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
might want to skip canned food till they are a bit older as some dogs get soft stools and such on canned food. just throwing that out there.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I started Brutus on all stages Fromm Beef Frittata at 8 months and couldnt be happier....We were told to start all stages after 16 weeks b/c thats when they have a growth spurt. Fromm puppy gold is a highly rated food for growing puppies...Fromm is a great product b/c with Fromm 4 star you can easily switch flavors with no transition :) Let us know how is goes

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
I am feeding Fromm puppy gold. Good solid stools. 1/2 cup three times a day. My Ari is always hungry tho, so I try to give him green beans as treats/snacks. I also do a squirt of salmon oil, 1 x a day, every other day. Fromm treats is also good for training, unfortunately I ran out of them real fast, 1 pack doesn't last too long with a puppy in training. And my next petflow order isn't due til October (thats when I upgrade to Fromm ALS Beef frittata), I will order 3 or so bags of fromm treats then and see how that lasts.

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We bought Fromm four star chicken a la veg. We have begun transitioning our other dog to it from Blue, but not Winston...he's still eating the Iams our breeder started him on. Yesterday our vet told us she prefers a puppy food to an all stages food. Should we go buy Fromm Gold for him? If we do, how long before we can transition him to the all stages so they can eat the same food? I see some of you are doing it much earlier than others. What is considered the ideal time?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, we went right for the all stages food for our two when they were puppies. Gypsy was probably about 12 weeks (that is when we brought her home) and Gator about 4/5 months or something like that. They both did really, really well with it. We chose beef frittata because it doesn't have chicken in it. We are currently using Natural Balance Venison or Bison and have been thinking of switching back to Beef Frittata but haven't taken the plunge yet.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have Lola on Fromm puppy gold the pink bag she is eating 1/2 cup three times a day and she is doing well not solid poop yet but we have some other issues not related to food going on. Lola loves the taste as soon as I put it in her bowl she goes right for it! I think its a great idea but I would go with the puppy not the all stages yet.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I fed franklin puppy Fromm puppy gold an he had a bad reaction he had the :poo: for 6 straight day's every hour he broke out in hives an got a yeast infection on his tail I switched him to blue wilderness sensitive an in one day his :poo: was normal some of his bumps are going away an I've been using ACV/water an his tails been getting alittle better I'm afraid he's allergic to chicken I wish I could give it to him it seems healthy I think it's to rich for him I see everyone else on here pretty much gives it to their dogs so just be careful some dogs do bad with chicken. Good luck on your food search

OP
ham3381

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Ok so Max has been on Wellness super 5 just for puppies for over a month, And i just purchased a big bag of fromm beeef fritata. Im finally switching cause his stool has been sorta soft for the past week. He is off his meds so i beleive its the food causing the loose stools. Wellness main source is chicken. So im trying the switch to see how it he reacts to Fromm. My Questions is how should i transition him with the new food?? how much of wellness mixed with the fromm? or should i try just fromm? PLEase help :)

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
[MENTION=5338]ham3381[/MENTION] general rule of thumb is a 10-day transition. Do not try to make the full switch in 5 days unless you're prepared to deal with the potential consequences. =(

I've had Brembo on Fromm Beef Frittata (and more recently have switched in Pork and Applesauce) since he was 13-14 weeks and he's 22 weeks now and doing GREAT.

I hope I didn't have to put him on Puppy food, but it seems like he held up fine!

OP
ham3381

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
[MENTION=4822]ajwhitt44[/MENTION] ok so 10 day transition..but how much do i feed of each? I had been feed 3/4 cups 3 times a day. But I understand that fromm you feed less correct? I jusy started him at 1 full cup starting last friday, but now that i bought the fromm I would like to know how to transitions and then once he's on fromm how much is the proper feeding amount

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.