what do you put in the dehydrator to make snacks?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I think we are just going to buy a food dehydrator and make our own snacks for Chester. The ones we used to get from PetSmart..some dehydrated chicken strips :eek: , they do not sell any longer. And with his recent ear infection and the vet saying it was probably due to his treats.. I could have bought a dehydrator for the $$ in vet bills. So, all natural for Chessie.. but what should I put in there?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You could make sweet potato french fries, bannana slices, apple slices, and yes- you can even dehydrate chicken or beef as well.

I have not done it yet, but I want to! Let me know how it goes!!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent used it for my boys but I do make beef jerky for us and you could easily do it for the pups, just not so much seasoning. Not sure what seasoning would be ok to even use as flavor but they would be happy with none I bet. Yes any fruit is good. Apples, apricots, bananas, etc. I SO need to get mine out and quit talking about making the boys snacks. lol

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Let us know how it works out...I can honestly say I thought for sure [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] was the author of this topic! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would not put any seasoning on it at all.... all natural!!!

I will get my dehydrator soon. Maybe I should check out ebay.....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well do you think that there may be some flavorings that would be good to add? I cant think of any since garlic and onion is out but you know how they say there are so many that are good for us humans, maybe something is good for them? Natural would be good to, considering ho crazy my boys go for beef butcher bones.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I love my food dehydrator! I dry sweet potatos, chicken and beef thats been lightly cooked, carrot slices, apples and pears, banana and I even dry certain greens for my other pets, as things like dandelion leaf is hard to find in the winter lol!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.