General Question How much Fromm?

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I'm sorry to be asking this, I know there are a bunch of different threads on the topic. I thought there was a thread from earlier this year that gave a general outline of approximately how much Fromm by a puppy's age, but I can't seem to find it now.:confused:

Rook will be 11 months on Sunday, and we have been feeding him 1.5 cups of Fromm Beef Frittata twice a day for quite a while now. He had been doing well but recently his poops have gotten squishy. Nothing had really changed in his diet so at his meal times I haven't been filling the measuring cup all the way to see if cutting back on the amount would help and they did firm up a bit.

I was just wondering what would be a good amount for an 11 month old (We were at the vet about 3 weeks ago and he weighed 50 lbs). Would somewhere between 1 and 1-1/4 cups twice a day be a good amount?

He would eat all day if I let him, so it's hard for me to judge if he is hungry or just a piggy. I don't want to cut back too much, so Rook would greatly appreciate any advice! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think you are on the right track by reducing the serving size. sloooowly reduce it to one and a quarter cups per serving. HRH is middle-aged and only gets 3/4 cup per serving, twice a day but Rook still has a lot of growing to do so you don't want to underfeed him. See how he does on that for a while.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not sure on amounts but I would just cut it back a hair and watch for a difference. Maybe a little more each week until you feel you have it right. Miila is 1 1/2 so needs less and weighs only 37 pounds so I have found that for her right now a heaping 3/4 cup 2x a day works well with no added weight but a nice plump belly. lol Cutty being 6 1/2 and about 50 pounds get the same as her otherwise he gains. Plus lots of snacks for fillers as well.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Since his poops firmed up some that tell me he was getting too much, so I would reduce a little and see how it goes. Our females only get 3/4 cups twice a day. Buddy is hard to tell how much he gets because he is a very picky eater and some time he will not eat all of his meal, and sometime won't eat at all until maybe at night. But we put in about a cup and a half at a time. So he maybe gets 1 1/2 to 2 cups a day, just depends on how he is feeling that day.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
We are doing about 2 3/4 to 2.85 cups right now at 7 months approx and will drop back to 2 cups around 1 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
LaurenA

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Thanks everyone! We'll be cutting him back to 1-1/4 cup twice a day and hopefully that will firm everything up.
I just have to double check everything I do on EBN! He's a growing boy so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. :)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online