yogurt, cottage cheese, salmon oil, pumpkin oh my!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Just a quick question, but at what age can/should one start the salmon oil pills and yogurt for their bullies?
i really dont know but im thinking bout 6 months old or so would be ok but im no expert on puppies.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@Bruce P quick question for you regarding fish/salmon oil. My breeder recommended that we stay away from fish (she was referring to food) from their diet since a lot of her dogs have had allergic reactions to fish so she just bans all fish from their diets. Should I avoid salmon oil due to this? Thanks!
you can do flaxseed oil also or just plain canola oil or virgin oil if you dont want to do salmon. also be careful i think to much sometimes gives dogs soft :poo:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I gave mine everything from being a puppy ... adding everything very slowly to make sure there were no adverse reactions. I usually only give salmon oil once a day, in the morning. Then I vary the "toppings" between plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and pumpkin. The pumpkin must be the 100% canned, and not the pie filling. I sometimes top the greek yogurt or cottage cheese with frozen blueberries as an extra treat.

Jarrett

Aug 25, 2012
Cold Lake Alberta Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
MAC
We are currently adding coconut oil to Mac's diet but i was unaware of all the possible foods we could introduce into his diet to help. I noticed greek yogurt is very popular so ill try that. What about the egg? is it raw or cooked lol. I feel lost im sure the possibilities are endless but i was always under the assumption that because of there sensitive stomaches there diets were very ... plain! My question in short I guess is what are the best foods i can add to Macs diet to promote good health?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
When Herman was younger I'd add in 1 tsp of whole milk organic yogurt and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin in his food (both meals), then cut down the pumpkin to 1 meal. Now he gets pumpkin if he gets soft poop, or as a treat because he loves it. Occasionally I give the yogurt (1 tsp) for a little extra calcium.

I give coconut oil - it is missing Omega 3, so keep that in mind if you need to supplement that more. I stopped giving him salmon oil because he might be allergic to it (and he doesnt seem to miss it).

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
i give philly 500mg fish oil every other day, vet recommends everyday. i just insert it to one of treats, cottage cheese as topper and fromm canned food grain free as topper to. he is eating salmon tunalini. we stopped giving him marrow bone and any beef products due to allergy, also from time to time activia 1 table spoon in the morning.

relayer13

Sep 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tater
Salmon oil, Ester C, and Probios once each daily. About a tablespoon of cottage cheese with dinner and a hardboiled egg with breakfast every other day.

flower

Sep 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
where do you get a cranberry pill? sounds like good advice...thank you♥

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
where do you get a cranberry pill? sounds like good advice...thank you♥

I usually see them in with the 'women's stuff' yeast infection section

Most Reactions