Food Delivery From PetFlow

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
We thought we'd try the deal from PetFlow to buy our Fromm food, treats, etc. When the box arrived, it literally looked as if the box had set in a dirty warehouse forever.
The food was fine, had not expired or anything, but we were shocked at how dirty the box and the bags inside were. We order just about everything we use in our household
online (UPS is at our door at least 4 times a week) so I know that is not the norm. Has anyone else had this problem? It's very frustrating getting so dirty opening boxes!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was just about to order from them I wonder if their warehouse is dirty and they dont keep up on it? I would be curious to here how other peoples orders have come.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have ordered food online from other sources as well, they always come like that no matter what online place I get it from. I don't think it's petflow, I think it is the shipping (fed ex or ups ground usually) due to the weight. Now they are using packing paper which helps, it was worse before. some bags like Earthborn don't lose ink while shifting around in the box during transport like the Fromm bags do, but occasionally the zipper breaks on it! I would express your concerns with Petflow they are really great. I use them exclusively now. Never had a problem with the food, so the bag is just cosmetic.

Sent from my iPod touch using

OP
fortindycouple

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
We thought we would try it again, just to see if the first shipment was just a fluke. I originally wondered if it was UPS, but we get several boxes UPS weekly, and have never experienced this.
I think contacting PetFlow is a great idea; can't believe I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have used them for a long time and never noticed overtly dirty boxes or food bags. In fact i have an order to be delivered soon so I will post if it us thus time. I order everything online and never have complaints like this. Seems odd. They have great customer service so if you have a question or problem i would def let them know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I've ordered from Petflow for quite some time now and have never had a dirty box or bag. Just got three bags of food in two boxes last Thursday and everything was clean and the boys' toy just came from Petflow today and that box was also clean.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I've ordered from them a few times and never had this problem

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have been ordering from PetFlow for over a year with delivery every three weeks. FedEx delivers the food and I have never had problems with dirty boxes or bags.
Hope it was just a fluke for you. Or maybe it could be that a company they pick up from has lots of dirt or dust on there packages and I doubt the trucks get cleaned out between pick ups and delivery's. Just could be left over dirt from previous delivery's/pickups.

You should really report any problem to the delivery company and PetFlow . I'm sure they would appreciate the feed-back.
I love shopping on line and always expect top notch service.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
I have auto-ship and have never received a dirty box or bag! ��

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh I want to point out my boxes and bags are not dirty, like dirt!!! but the boxes are certainly roughed up. The Fromm bag gets like black streaks from the ink.

Sent from my iPod touch using

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
The boxes the shipments arrive in seem to be different in shape or stability everytime but not torn and the product inside is clean. It's very possible the boxes are getting dirty en route. I've been with Petflow for a while now and am glad I don't have to tote heavy dog food bags from Petco anymore.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have used them for a long time and never noticed overtly dirty boxes or food bags. In fact i have an order to be delivered soon so I will post if it us thus time. I order everything online and never have complaints like this. Seems odd. They have great customer service so if you have a question or problem i would def let them know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This has been my experience as well.

I would let them know, however. It's possible that the problem lies with the carrier hub in their area -- and if so, they should absolutely know about it.

If it's PetFlow's warehouse, they should correct the issue.

Edited to add: aren't they driving you nuts with those "How did we do?" emails? I'd respond to one of those and be as detailed as possible!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online