Nature's Variety Instinct

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Evo is a great food, but it has been bought by proctor and gamble, which is very sad news for a good dog food. They have a way of cutting costs and taking shortcuts and turning good foods into, well, not good foods.

Yep, just a reminder the entire family of foods, Innova, California Naturals, and Evo, have all been purchased by P&G, which could spell serious quality issues in the future.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I use the Nature's Variety Prairie, chicken and brown rice and we really like it. The girls love it! Arrow had problems wih it, but we've found something else that works for him. We're currently in Denver, Colo., visiting my in-laws. Today I went to get a small bag because I didn't bring quite enough, we aren't going home til Sun. Anyway, I couldn't believe the difference in price!! If we lived up here, I'd be feeding them something else. Where I live, I pay about $33. for a 30 pound bag of the Praire, the Instict is more, about $52. for 30 pounds. The store I went to today was so high, I paid $15. for 5 pounds. The 30 pound bag was $50. I didn't think to look at the Instict, but I bet it was probably $75. I'm glad we needed just a little to get us thru.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Just a little bump on this, I am going to try this food for Linus for the reasons [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] mentions in her initial post - grain free AND no potatoes, which I think are causing Linus' eyes, ears, and wrinkles to become a little bit yeasty. We fed him California Naturals Grain Free Lamb but since that brand has been purchased by P&G and he still looks more yeasty since I switched him to the grain free diet, I think this will be a good choice.

Were the patties good? Did the bullies do well on them?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Honestly, I still have not fed the patties, because they are frozen like a rock and I forget to take them out in the morning for their 3PM feeding. What I WANT to do, is cut the pattie into 5ths, and give them a chunk with their normal food, but lessen the portion.

The dry food was great. I put only Tidus on it because I just got a small bag of the rabbit formula, but plan on getting more of it this week from the feed store. May get a couple different formulas to mix it up a bit, since you can!

I would say it is very similar to the Fromm foods. Excellent stuff so far. I notice since Tidus is all healed up, his black circles around his eyes are going away. He still feels 'tacky' tho. And he still seems a bit itchy. I think he needs some baths in anti-fungal shampoo rather than Johnsons. His skin is dry that is for sure.

My next dog food then & now story will be for Jesse with Fromm. Just need to get the pictures together. ;)

Waiting for my harddrive to come back that has many Jesse tear stains photos. Right now I am very limited on old photos I can use, only ones I have put on the net do I have available. Losing your hard drive sucks. BIGTIME!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I went to the store and got Linus the Nature's Variety Instinct Duck and Turkey Formula. I was going to get him some of the canned food too since I like to give him a spoonful in the morning for variety but it was $3.29 a can! The Taste of the Wild canned food had very similar ingredients and is grain free so I going to continue using that since it's roughly half the cost. I am hopeful for this brand and variety of food since it's recommended, has no grain, and no potatoes! I didn't get the raw patties but I did get Linus some marrow bones to gnaw on for a treat every now and then to keep his pearly whites, well, pearly and white!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.