Experience with Natures Variety Instinct Food

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Hi,
I would like to try my 7-month old Bully, Olive, on the Instinct dog food. My Lab is on this food and tolerates it so well and her coat is beautiful. This food does have a fair amount of protein in it. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this food?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: We have many members who use or have used this food with success..I'm sure they will chime in soon. I did try Jake on the Salmon and he had an immediate reaction to it. We knew he was sensitive to chicken but this is how we discovered to leave salmon alone too! :eek: but that's not the food...that's Jake! Let's tag [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]
I believe they have experience with NVI...:hmm: also [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Bruin and Lilly were in NVI limited lamb...they did good. The only reason i switched to earthborn meadowfeast is because of the cost and it had probiotics in it, but basically the same ingredients. I would recommend NVI.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I had used the Prairie formula in the past, but the protein level was too high for this lazy bunch and they put on extra #'s

OP
Trod1

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
The amount of protein is my concern. How much is too much?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I feed both of my bullies NVI LID Lamb formula and have had no problems with it or the amount of protein. We feed each one cup of food, twice daily and they are able to maintain their weight. I strayed from NVI once and tried Earthborne but now I'm back. Even though the ingredients are very similar, my bullies were awful on Earthborne whereas on NVI, they have beautiful, soft coats and less allergy problems.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas ate NVI Salmon for 2 years, I did do a gradual food change to Earthborne Holistics about 6-7 months ago to see if it helped with his allergies. The food made NO difference, his allergies are 90% environmental. I am sticking with the Meadow Feast right now since it really didn't make a difference with his food change. NVI is a great food.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i had sarah and my bostons on the rabbit and the salmon one. she is a couch potato and she did fine on it other than it has things in it she is allergic to we found out later which is why she didnt do good allergy wise. other than that she was fine.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
hi :) we feed Duke NVI duck ( dry ) and mix with beef and or the Duck wet .. he eats 1/2 can wet with 1/2 cup dry once in am and once at dinner. his coat is gorgeous on it and his weight actually went down when we switched to this food.
He has allergies so we wanted to feed him good quality food and have had great success with this! :tongue:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've used NVI LID Turkey and thought they might be getting bored so I changed it up. Moved onto Solid Gold Millenia, then Nature's Logic Beef. Two of my three dogs do well on it but my girl doesn't seem to agree with it. So I've come full circle and going back to Natures Variety LID Turkey again. So yes, I think it is a good food. :up:

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
I've used NVI and my bully did great on it, i didn't see any allergies or any sort of reaction to it, her coat was at her best, the only reason i changed it was because of the High content of protein (it worried me, since my bully seems to be more a couch potato), so i went to TOTW then after the recalls i decided to try FROMM but in my area, the only formulas i can get aren't grain free and they don't really sit well with her. So i'm thinking of switching her back to NVI and i think i am going to try the Instinct® Raw Boost formula.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/RawBoost/dog/venison

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.