I want to switch my 9 year old Bullies food but not sure if I should.

LuvBully26

Mar 8, 2010
Henderson. NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buda,Bentley,Bella,Diesel, & Gia
My healthy 9 year old is a bit over weight he has been on Perscription diet dog food for many years we go from R/D to W/D. He is regular and firm but I noticed that the ingredients has corn I have never really been a fine of this brand are vet recommended it years ago. I want to out him on Wellness low fat it has fantastic reviews and a five star rating. Any advice or input would really help. :bully::)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would go for it. I was in a similar situation with my 12 year old cats - after all the information I gained on what is good and bad with food for the dogs, I figured it was time for me to change the cat food as well but they are old and have eaten the same thing for their ENTIRE lives. I made a switch anyway and not only were there no problems, I noticed a great difference in their coats and the smell of the litter box - both have improved immensely.

It's never too late to start feeding a pet better - cat or dog - and you just might be adding years to their lives. Just be sure to introduce the new food slowly, watch for reactions, and hopefully you'll find something you like!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I understand I would be nervous too. But do it super super slow like jill said, and just keep an eye out for any reactions at all. Keep us posted on how it goes :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree, go for it and do a slow switch. It may be the best thing you ever did. Maybe get some before and after pics even to share. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.