I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Should I add Salmon Oil?

Personally, if it isnt broke, I dont fix it. If the pup is doing well on what he is on, I wouldnt add anything else - maybe yogurt as a special treat. My personal opinion, the more different tastes you give a puppy, the more likely they will find something the REALLY Like, which means, the MIGHT not like their food flavor as much.
    "but Mom! I want that OTHER thing you give me, I dont want this..this...this dog food! ! "

Just my thoughts

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    Personally, if it isnt broke, I dont fix it. If the pup is doing well on what he is on, I wouldnt add anything else - maybe yogurt as a special treat. My personal opinion, the more different tastes you give a puppy, the more likely they will find something the REALLY Like, which means, the MIGHT not like their food flavor as much.
    "but Mom! I want that OTHER thing you give me, I dont want this..this...this dog food! ! "

Just my thoughts
    you make a good point also. my bostons now dont want to eat their kibble unless something is on it as i was adding a bit of canned food. now if i dont put something on it they dont want to eat. so i put a spoonful of yogurt on it. cheaper than canned food.

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

If Gizmo doesnt get a little somethin' somethin' in her food she isnt interested in eating it. for a while Olive Oil worked, then a pinch of shreeded cheese, bit of left over hamburger .... I just dont want it to escalate any further, like Filet Mignon LOL

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    If Gizmo doesnt get a little somethin' somethin' in her food she isnt interested in eating it. for a while Olive Oil worked, then a pinch of shreeded cheese, bit of left over hamburger .... I just dont want it to escalate any further, like Filet Mignon LOL
    or heaven forbid you have to cook lobster. lol i have to give sarah something as she has yeast on her back but i guess its a personal choice if you give a dog an oil for their coat or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads