Coco has gone off dry food :(.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi everyone.

Iv had coco since she was 8 week old !! She's always been on dry food and a cupple a month ago we switched to James well beloved !! She really enjoyed it. Then over the last few weeks we noticed that she has gone right off her dry food. !! And was losing weight. So we started mixing in wet well she wolfed it down. Now she's picking the dry out the wet and only eating the wet. Ano a lot of you mite think well put dry down and she will eat when she's hungry. But she's a very stubborn little lady and she won't !! Ha.

Any advise I would be grateful !! Thanks Jemma & coco x

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You could try her on a RAW diet. Most dogs seem to thoroughly enjoy raw as long as you can handle the preparation (which can be surprisingly little!). If you are interested I would be more than happy to help you get started :) Good luck with Miss Coco either way. I'm sure some other members will come along with more suggestions :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I dont have any picky eaters but I would be concerned about too much weight loss. I would agree the only way to rectify the situation is to put her bowl down 2x a day for 10 mins, then put it up. Any chance you got a stale bag of food? Once my dogs refused to eat a bag of food so I took it back thinking it was spoiled. It did not smell right either. Brought home a new bag of the same food and no problems, they scarfed it right down!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have a very picky eater and I've tried that bowl away after 10 minutes -trick and that only means that he won't eat for up to 3 days. I usually have to cave in cause it must be better to give him something he likes to eat than starve him trying to feed him what I think he should have. I feed raw, but he still have the foods that he likes and food that just won't go down. There are some kibble were you can alternate the flavours when she gets bored or maybe you can add some liquid and soften the kibble...or try raw. I think you can get some kind of ready made patties in UK???

L

Lucy-licious

Hi everyone.

Iv had coco since she was 8 week old !! She's always been on dry food and a cupple a month ago we switched to James well beloved !! She really enjoyed it. Then over the last few weeks we noticed that she has gone right off her dry food. !! And was losing weight. So we started mixing in wet well she wolfed it down. Now she's picking the dry out the wet and only eating the wet. Ano a lot of you mite think well put dry down and she will eat when she's hungry. But she's a very stubborn little lady and she won't !! Ha.

Any advise I would be grateful !! Thanks Jemma & coco x

which wellbeloved are you feeding?? maybe try a different flavour...luckily Lucy likes hers.
what wet did you get? Chappy is great for delicate tummies and allergy prone dogs and its cheap too...I just hate the smell of it :barf:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have some picky eaters here to. maybe try another flavor of dry and see if they like that better. you can feed strickly canned food but sarah seems hungry alot when i did that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.