Do some bulldogs really NOT want to eat?!

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Max eats...everything he can get his nose close to, and he eats it in a hurry. I've only found one thing he won't eat - bananas. Other than that, he hooverizes everything. Even if he's on any meds for some reason, I can just throw the pills in his bowl and he gobbles those right up, too. I keep reading that some bullies won't eat this or that, and I keep thinking...could that REALLY be true. :ROFL: I asked Max about it, and he said it sounds like a bunch of hogwash to him. :tongue:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
My girls love to eat and will eat just about anything, but Buddy is a very picky eater and some times will not eat his food. he may eat in the morning or he may not. He has gone a whole day without eating. We have tried different flavors of FROMM and now he eats the Game Bird one, so far so good. The others he will not touch. Some times we will put some Feta cheese in his food or cook him some eggs and put in there to get him to eat.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
The more you tell me about Max, the more I want you to ck out epi4dogs.com

between the runny, yellow poos and his fast, huge appetite, you should really look into it.

and yes, there are things they just don't like to eat. My Abby will spit out pretzels, green beans and pills.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Remy is like Max, will eat anything and I can put his Atenelol right in his bowl and he'll eat his pill along with his kibble. Oliver (surprising for as big as he is) also will eat anything, but he sometimes doesn't want to eat in the morning. Sebastian has always been my slow eater, he'll eat anything, but when he's good and ready to. Oliver nor Sebastian wanted anything to do with green beans until Remy came to live with us and Remy loves them, so now of course, they do too!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our boy Nitschke was very, very picky. Everything was sniffed and smelled prior to going in his mouth, even his food in the bowl

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my sarah is as picky as they get. now if its something she likes well she gobbles it down but if she dont know what it is she will sniff it to death. she wont eat any fruit that ive found nor frozen green beans. she likes her meat im afraid. lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of mine are hoovers. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Both of them...Picky! Will always sniff if its something new. And forget training with food. As soon as they know I'm trying to bribe them, that's it, on their butts they go and they don't move!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Beefy loves it all, never found anything he wouldn't eat, lol. Not sure about Johnny yet. I'm transitioning him off of the breeder's food

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Usko is pickiest eater and that sometimes drives me nuts! When he was fed kibble as a pup he had his vertebra showing in his back! Now I eed him raw and still he refuses some foods even if he has eaten it before. He doesn't take anything fron strangers, which is good and sniffs everything very thorouhgly even fron my hand. If I don't give what he likes he can go without food for 2-3 days and that is longer than I can persist with the food that he is supposed to eat.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas eats anything kibble, fruits, veggies, and like Max, I can even give him his allergy pills by just handing him one. He actually sits and drools as I am opening his pill bottle. I call him a "pill-head" lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.