Great Plains vs Meadowfeast

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
We are transitioning HRH off of the great plain as she didn't do as well on that is she does on Beef Frittata. Ive heard good things about the meadow feast and I think it is a milder protein source is the reason why. We chose to try Nature's Logic for her alternative to Beef Frittata so we got the beef/venison to try.. only on week two of the transition so I have nothing to report so far.

Bruce, why are you wanting to change HRH food? How much does Nature's logic cost compared to beef frittata.. there are a lot of good options out there..

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm afraid I'm blind to cost when it comes to these dogs. I'd pay double if it meant no bumps, no tear stains, no itching, etc. I am scraping every last drop from my lotion bottle with a Qtip yet I buy them a dang jolly ball without a second's hesitation. hahahahahaha I'm smitten I guess eh?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bruce, why are you wanting to change HRH food? How much does Nature's logic cost compared to beef frittata.. there are a lot of good options out there..

HRH does great on Fromm Beef Frittata but we want an alternative so we can switch once and a while or if she should become allergic to something in the Fromm... sort of a back up food if you will. Each of the other selections that Fromm offers in the grain free line has something in it that HRH hasn't done well on, such as chicken or salmon. I didn't look at the price

kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
We've tried both the Earthborn Great Plains and Meadowfeast. Great Plains he did fine on, Meadowfeast he'd do OK until we got to the bottom of the bag where it was sorta greasy - and he'd get a tummy upset. He's on Fromm Beef Frittata atm and his coat is the best it's ever been, but no food ever has taken care of his eye gunk so ugh I don't know >.<
Derail over - they're both good, but it seemed like the Meadowfeast (lamb) was a little rich at times.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I think I am going to try the meadow feast. Aldo does great on the beef frittata, so I will let him stay on that and try Katara and Bruno on the meadow feast. I do have a large bag of puppy fromm for Bruno when he arrives and a large bag of fromm salmon tunalini for them to try a different flavored one. After those bags I will see if I can transition Bruno to the earthborn with Katara and leave Aldo on the beef once again.. Will have to reassess...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Vic! If Natural Balance works for them...I'd stay with it! I know it's not the highest rated but in all honesty...it's a heck of a lot better than most and I know quite a few very happy healthy :bully: on it!

:shhhh: don't tell you know who! She will kick my a**!!!!:ROFL:
:eek: :eek:oh im so kicking your *** becky. im trying to get them off that food grrrr

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] im so late to this thread obviously but if ya need help still ana im around and will offer assistance. :) ok i had my bostons on the great plains and one did good and one did not. i think he has issues with peas but im not sure. my one that did good i have since switched to the coastal catch as he seems to do better on chicken and fish. i like the food but its not for everyone. cow well shes allergic to it as she is with most kibble.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:eek: :eek:oh im so kicking your *** becky. im trying to get them off that food grrrr

Bwhahahahahaha! You've stirred the ire of the Gastro Goddess! Grab your jug of Tums, [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] - she's going to put a heartburn hex on you!

Oooga Boooga!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I believe Natures logic is about $50 a bag so it is a bit cheaper than the Fromm, by about $10

I found no change between NL beef and Fromm beef, got about the same results between the two, except maybe firmer poo on NL... Like little bricks!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I believe Natures logic is about $50 a bag so it is a bit cheaper than the Fromm, by about $10

I found no change between NL beef and Fromm beef, got about the same results between the two, except maybe firmer poo on NL... Like little bricks!

oh wow! that sounds like an option for Aldo then.. $10 dlls x 3 dogs really can add up quick! thank you, gonna look into it! and thank you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] :) Does anybody know if earthborn is all stages?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
oh wow! that sounds like an option for Aldo then.. $10 dlls x 3 dogs really can add up quick! thank you, gonna look into it! and thank you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] :) Does anybody know if earthborn is all stages?

Natures Logic is one of my favorite foods. No synthesized vitamins in it, very natural. I keep in touch with their rep Barbara and she goes into detail on their fb page and writes excellent blogs on the food. I am surprised more of us here don't feed it but I guess it's because it does not get talked about as often as other foods.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] i believe i looked it up and puppies over 4 months old and up can eat it.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
woohoo, then I got a plan.. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] you know with bullies plans change.. but after I finish my new salmon tunalini bag for the big guys and a puppy gold from for Bruno I will try Meadow feast feast for all of them.. If Aldo does bad, then I will try natures logic beef since it is a bit less expensive than fromm and keep the other two on meadow feast.. now i might have to bring them to the beef as well..if they don't do as I plan.. but at least I can try :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
woohoo, then I got a plan.. @cowsmom you know with bullies plans change.. but after I finish my new salmon tunalini bag for the big guys and a puppy gold from for Bruno I will try Meadow feast feast for all of them.. If Aldo does bad, then I will try natures logic beef since it is a bit less expensive than fromm and keep the other two on meadow feast.. now i might have to bring them to the beef as well..if they don't do as I plan.. but at least I can try :)
well keep us updated ana and if their are problems you know im around :) slow sometimes but around

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Hey guys,
I'm reopening this threat because I was wondering how much you feed? I'm switching Charlotte over and I'm wondering if you just follow the guidelines on the bag or if bullies are different..

Members online

No members online now.