Great Plains vs Meadowfeast

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Aldo had increased tearing with the great plains formula compared to dlfromm beef frittata so I switched them back. However I am considering trying the meadowfeast since it is lamb based and lots of bullies have done good on lamb. Anybody has had any better rxperience with meadow formula vs great plains? I am soon to have 3 bulldogs on premium foods and insurance so I would love for this to work but I am also afraid to get the baf and then just have to waste it..

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson's been on the Meadows Feast and is doing great on it. I just transitioned Emma to the Coastal Catch as it has a bit higher protein and she's more active. So far so good. :up:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ana...Jake is on Great Plains and really doing well. He can't have anything with bird or fish...so we are limited. He didn't do well on Fromm surf n turf or NVI Salmon..did just ok on Fromm Beef...so I'm soooo crossing my fingers he remains good on The Great Plains!

Last edited:
OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Becky [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] the reason I tried the great plains is because of Jake. I'm not sure what it was but it got Aldo very teary eyed with lots of irritation to his folds so I switched them back. Katara did ok on it as with the beef frittata. They still both have tear stains so I'd like to try the meadowfeast one.. I did buy a bag of salmon tunalini for them to try after this bag finishes and a puppy fromm for bruno but after that bag is over Id like to try them all on earthborn. It would save me 30 dlls every time I order their foods..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Becky @JAKEISGREAT the reason I tried the great plains is because of Jake. I'm not sure what it was but it got Aldo very teary eyed with lots of irritation to his folds so I switched them back. Katara did ok on it as with the beef frittata. They still both have tear stains so I'd like to try the meadowfeast one.. I did buy a bag of salmon tunalini for them to try after this bag finishes and a puppy fromm for bruno but after that bag is over Id like to try them all on earthborn. It would save me 30 dlls every time I order their foods..

Has Aldo ever tried Bison before? Jake has been getting bison treats for a long time...so I at least knew he was ok with that protein. Others have had trouble with their dogs coats..and thinning hair. I guess I'd tell you...what you save on the food might be more in vet bills down the road. I really am happy with it..but it amazes me how much these guys react so differently to food! May I suggest you put @cowsmom on the case! She's so great with narrowing down and isolating problems to try and match up with these guys. She led me to Great Plains..

Meant to add..I would sure try another protein to see how Aldo does!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is the queen of nutrition. I suspect aldo is sensitive to chicken and turkey because when on raw he would always tear up a lot; he must also be allergic to rice because when katra got sick he got a bunch of hotspots when I tried giving him the bland diet like hers.. Bison I guess is the other sensitivity unless that recipe contains rice.. Katara has done ok on all recipes but does have tear stains to the white side of her face so it cant hurt to try other flavors and see if it helps her as well..

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Both Bea and Bo (altho he was far worse) got increased tear stains on the Meadowfeast. I put them back on Natural Balance LID Bison/Sweet Potato while I was on vaykay to lessen the opportunity for issues while grandma was babysitting. Their tummies look GREAT by the way. I'm just sad that the LID isn't a FABULOUSLY rated food. *sigh* I have a giant bag of the Great Plains one that we're going to try after the LID is gone. It's gonna be awhile. I buy in BULK! ha ha ha I'm hoping the bison in the Great Plains Earthborne Hollistic will be the ticket with them. We shall see - but it's gonna be awhile yet....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I switched Vegas to Meadowfeast and he did OK, but not great, I switched him to Great Plains and he does very well on it. Always has watery eyes, but I don't think it is food related. He has been on Great Plains for about 3 months now.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We are transitioning HRH off of the great plain as she didn't do as well on that is she does on Beef Frittata. Ive heard good things about the meadow feast and I think it is a milder protein source is the reason why. We chose to try Nature's Logic for her alternative to Beef Frittata so we got the beef/venison to try.. only on week two of the transition so I have nothing to report so far.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Both Bea and Bo (altho he was far worse) got increased tear stains on the Meadowfeast. I put them back on Natural Balance LID Bison/Sweet Potato while I was on vaykay to lessen the opportunity for issues while grandma was babysitting. Their tummies look GREAT by the way. I'm just sad that the LID isn't a FABULOUSLY rated food. *sigh* I have a giant bag of the Great Plains one that we're going to try after the LID is gone. It's gonna be awhile. I buy in BULK! ha ha ha I'm hoping the bison in the Great Plains Earthborne Hollistic will be the ticket with them. We shall see - but it's gonna be awhile yet....

Vic! If Natural Balance works for them...I'd stay with it! I know it's not the highest rated but in all honesty...it's a heck of a lot better than most and I know quite a few very happy healthy :bully: on it!

:shhhh: don't tell you know who! She will kick my a**!!!!:ROFL:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think you read my thread on it but I tried both formulas after Truman and Linus both did poorly on the Great Plains. Unfortunately, they fared even worse on Meadow Feast so now we're back to NVI LID Lamb.

And I certainly do wish I knew why!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy and Linus are doing so well on the Fromm 4* range that I'm nervous about trying any of the Earthborn. But the money savings that you are all getting sure does make it very tempting!!! :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.