dog foods manufactured by diamond pet foods

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was doing some research to update the food ratings section and came across this. i did not know some of these foods were produced at diamond so thought i would pass this along to anyone who wants to read it.

Diamond introduced Diamond Naturals in 2006. These products contain no by-products, corn, or wheat. They also manufacture Bright Bites brand dental treats, Taste of the Wild brand pet food, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul brand dog and cat food.
They also manufacture under contract, for other companies, at least some of the pet foods sold under these brands or business names.
December 2005
On December 20, 2005, Diamond Pet Food discovered aflatoxin in a product manufactured at its facility in Gaston, South Carolina. Diamond voluntarily recalled 19 products in 23 states formulated with corn and manufactured in the Gaston facility. These products included Diamond Low Fat Dog Food, Hi-Energy Dog Food, Maintenance Dog Food, Performance Dog Food, Premium Adult Dog Food, Puppy Food, and Maintenance Cat Food. [6] Testing of more than 2,700 finished product samples conducted by laboratories confirmed that only two date codes of two adult dog formulas with the "Best By" dates of April 3, April 4, April 5 and April 11 were potentially toxic. [7][SUP][1][/SUP]

May 2012
On May 7, 2012, Diamond Pet Foods recalled brands of dog and cat food produced in its Gaston, South Carolina plant. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Initial Announcement "[m]ultiple brands of dry pet food produced by Diamond Pet Foods at a single manufacturing facility in South Carolina have been linked to some of the human Salmonella infections.... A total of 14 individuals infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Infantis have been reported from 9 states." [8] The following brands are part of the recall: Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul, Country Value, Diamond, Diamond Naturals, Premium Edge, Professional, 4Health, Taste of the Wild, Apex, Kirkland Signature/Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain, and Canidae. [9]

[h=2][edit]Sources[/h]

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
all foods to keep clear of. Funny I remember canidae had changed their formulas and people were complaining a few years back. Wonder if that is when Diamond started making their food? Many were saying it wasnt good for their pups anymore. hmmm.... I had fed canidae way back and it was a good food but that was before the "formula change".

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I am eager to try Canidae-All Life Stages or Beef & Fish -anyone really think I should stay away, or should it be good now?. In the EBN list, it's rated 5 stars.

Last edited:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: diamond is what Franklin was on at the breeder I changed it as soon as I got him

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.