Anyone try Back to Basics food?

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
Was at the pet store today and a Representative for Back to Basics food tried to sell me a bag. It is a five star grain free food. Three formulas- 1) Turkey Giblets and meal with Chicken Meal in it, 2) Pork Liver, Meal, Protein , and 3) Duck and Chicken Giblets and meal. All are potato and gluten free and contain vegetables, BUT the only veg. I see is peas. No fruits. I did not get the food because Petee has a poop issue going on as some of you may have read on another thread so I was not about to change food brand and make things worse. Also, I have read most Bulldogs are allergic to Chicken so there really is only one formula they could eat- the Pork one. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried the food or is using it and their thoughts on it since, if there was an issue with the food Petee is on now, I would have options on another brand. Right now I was thinking about Earthborn Holistic Great Plains Feast.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
lots of people on here are feeding Earthborn Holistic Great Plains, and from what I hear they like it.

stick around, some one will chime in

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have not tried it but it seems pretty good, I think that is one that just got added to our ratings. Not all bullies have a problem with chicken, but quite a few do. Earthborn is pretty good as well.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We use Fromm .... and they do so well on it that I see no reason to change!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! :up:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i havent tried it either which is unbelievable but i looks like really good food. if my bostons did good on chicken i might try it myself. miss allergy sarah of course cant have it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.