Treats

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Hello Tess is about 8 months now and is only 21 lbs so I would like to give her snacks in between feedings. She does love fruit 🍎🍊🍉🍓but any other ideas??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TrickDogTrainer

Aug 23, 2011
Titusville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Re: Treats🐶

Gosh! There are so many options. Are you trying to stick to natural or super healthy options? Does she have any allergies or intolerances that we need to avoid?
Over the years I've used just about everything imaginable for treats during training and every single one of my dogs has a different favorite!

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Tess doesn't have allergies that I know of. Just natural and maybe something with protein. She's On the small side.

Here some recent pics!!!

18ffb96d-ab60-8a41.jpg

18ffb96d-ab81-02e9.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Aawww .. such a tiny little thing. What food do you currently feed her??

We use frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, frozen cauliflower and frozen carrots. Also fresh cucumber, baby carrots, banana. On their food I often give cottage cheese or greek yoghurt topped with frozen blueberries. Pumpkin is also a favorite of them all.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

Yep, fruits are not going to but any meat on her:no: Usko eats raw and gets cheese, cooked gizzards and tongue as training treats.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China

I use dehydrated lamb lung and beef liver. I have one with allergies to any type of poultry, so I am very careful. ALso as stated above I use frozen and canned green beans, carrots, any veggie, really, green/red peppers, cottage cheese...the list goes on!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

If all you are trying to do is add calories and she has no allergies to dairy you could add some heavy cream to her food. It will add 410 calories per half cup. You could also throw in some sweet potato.

If you want to be REALLY creative you can make sweet potato bread pudding as a snack. Abby loves it (so do my kids!). If you want to do all that I can de-kidney diet the recipe for you.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Right now Tess gets feed Fromm Beef Frittata Veg Dry and Fromm Shredded beef canned food. Thanks everyone those are great ideas I never even thought of. I bet she will love all of them.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Re: Treats��

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]: That would be great. I bet Tess would love to try your receipe. Thank you so much :D

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names

@Twice: That would be great. I bet Tess would love to try your receipe. Thank you so much :D

OK. Give me a few minutes to make the changes to the recipe. I'll post it in the recipe forum for you. My whole family loves it and they don't even know they're eating dog food! :secret:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names

[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION] It's in the recipe forum for you. Complete with glaze for feeding it to people :)

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
So I got creative and used my pampered chef chopper and made a nice snack for Tess with everyone's help tonight!! I'm sure she would like to thank u all🐶. 😄

Can't see it but she's doing a happy dance 💃

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.