Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fromm vs fromm

Bulldog(s) Names
    little bit of honey bear (bitty)
    Likes (Received)

Default fromm vs fromm

ok so i admit i havent posted much in a while but ive been popping in and out now and again keeping tabs on you guys. Now i have a bit of a dilema.

bitty is on fromm and is a perfect slim forty pounds. she is a mini from cherokee legend rock stock.

seems that fromm surf and turf has too much protien and cuases here to get yeastie in the tear stains, even with regular cleaning.

i went back to salmon ala veg for the lower protien level and the tear stains cleared up but occaionally she gets itchey bumps on her head.

My guess is she has some specific allergy in this type of food that is cuasing it. I have no idea what it is. Im considering the fromm whitfish and potatoe. she likes fish. and it is in the protien range that i think she needs to keep her trim and fit.

thanks guys.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: fromm vs fromm

Let's ask @cowsmom!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I know nothing of this stuff but there are so many flavors of fromm that you could try. You are going from grain free to the with grain is that right? They have 2 more newer types of the grain free in case you hadnt tried them.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

You may want to try the Beef Fritatta from Fromm.... no transitioning needed.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

We were alternating with Surf n' Turf and Beef Frittata, but noticed that Frank always seemed a bit more itchy on the Surf n' Turf, so now he is just on the Beef Frittata and does really well on it. Haven't tried the new flavors yet of grain-free though.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Biogirl71 View Post
    We were alternating with Surf n' Turf and Beef Frittata, but noticed that Frank always seemed a bit more itchy on the Surf n' Turf, so now he is just on the Beef Frittata and does really well on it. Haven't tried the new flavors yet of grain-free though.
    Surf n Turf has some chicken in it. HRH didn't do as well on it as she did on beef fritatta too. We think it is the chicken that is the problem.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Brutus does great on Fromm Beef Frittata...I would try all Fromm flavors till there are no more left to try! A lot of bullies can tolerate the Beef
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i dont think the protein actually caused the tearing but whatever in the food that doesnt agree with your pet. ive had sarah who is a couch potato on nvi and she did fine with the protein. thing is unless you can know what is causing the tear stains its hard to say what food to get. you can try the whitefish and potato but just watch for the yeasty tearing again as potato can be a cause of that doesnt mean it is just means it can. with a food with so many ingredients its hard to say which part of it is the problem. so you may in the end have to find an new food. go ahead and try the whitefish one. also seems alot of bullies do good with beef so you can try the beef fritatta to. have you thought of having your bully allergy tested to see what it is thats causing the problem. just a suggestion till then its just trying things and then narrowing down the problem. good luck.

Bulldog(s) Names
    little bit of honey bear (bitty)
    Likes (Received)

the beef does not agree with her system at all she began occasionally vomitting after i started on the beef. i switched back and she quit shortly there after. im not sure if testing is really worth it as the problems she is experiencing are minor at best. I dont really want to change from fromm at this point as it took me a long time to get to the point i am at when she was a puppy. from is the only brand the pup didnt have the soft serve on and she is always solid on the fromm.

Im leading towards it being chicken as the problem as both surf and turf and salmon have some chicken in it. howver salmon has only chicken cartalidge.
    i guess ill go to fromms websight and see if there are any without chicken that i can get ordered in and try one of those.

thanks guys

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natemoore View Post
    the beef does not agree with her system at all she began occasionally vomitting after i started on the beef. i switched back and she quit shortly there after. im not sure if testing is really worth it as the problems she is experiencing are minor at best. I dont really want to change from fromm at this point as it took me a long time to get to the point i am at when she was a puppy. from is the only brand the pup didnt have the soft serve on and she is always solid on the fromm.

Im leading towards it being chicken as the problem as both surf and turf and salmon have some chicken in it. howver salmon has only chicken cartalidge.
    i guess ill go to fromms websight and see if there are any without chicken that i can get ordered in and try one of those.

thanks guys

We use the Beef Fritatta as our girl, Banks, is highly allergic to chicken.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    You may want to try the Beef Fritatta from Fromm.... no transitioning needed.
    Hi,

Question why is there no transition needed if the ingredients are different? Bongo is on beef frittata but if I changed him to surf and turf would the ingredients be different thus needing transition?

Sent from my iPad
    Frank & Bongo
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

No transition needed. Their formulas r very much the same so that switching between flavors is easy. We switch all the time with no problem whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads