My dog wants to eat all day long!!!!

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
So Rocky seems to be hungry all day lol, he can't just get enough!!! and trust me i think i'm already overfeeding him, is this normal???? :unsure:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Both Mack and Ruggles would love to eat all day long. If I free fed them they would both be blimps. They each get a cup of kibble in the A.M. and a cup in the P.M. It is really important to keep their weight down. Mack is 9 and has an irregular heart beat that is controlled with a people medication. I am sure he wouldn't still be alive if we let him eat as much as he wanted.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
it really should not be normal. What are you feeding? Some foods have so much filler they don't digest what they need and would be hungry more often. Also, what are his poops like?

My Bella started off like that. She was always starving and begging, which I felt was odd since it is a learned behavior. After weeks of other issues, we got a diagnosis. Almost too late. Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, EPI for short. Signs are ferocious appetite, runny/soft poops (yellowish in color) weight loss, lethargic plus some others. You can visit epi4dogs.com to read more.

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
it really should not be normal. What are you feeding? Some foods have so much filler they don't digest what they need and would be hungry more often. Also, what are his poops like?

My Bella started off like that. She was always starving and begging, which I felt was odd since it is a learned behavior. After weeks of other issues, we got a diagnosis. Almost too late. Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, EPI for short. Signs are ferocious appetite, runny/soft poops (yellowish in color) weight loss, lethargic plus some others. You can visit epi4dogs.com to read more.

Oh Wow, well i'm feeding him Fromm gold for puppies, his stools are fine, not runny, color is fine too, hmmmm but that something to be aware of, thank you!

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
You're not alone ! Maximus wants to eat all day long also......and he is probably eating more than he should, but he never tires of bothering us for more food all day long! And his weight is definitely going in the wrong direction .... !

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
he is probably just acting like any bulldog. mines will eat all day if he could. He gulps down his meals in seconds.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Mine try to act like they are starving also. Try feeding some veggies as fillers in between meals. carrots, green beans peas etc. Mine love them and buying them frozen is cheap and easy. The pups think it is something special to get them and this time of year even better. Might help. My pups get their morning meal asap (around 6:30) or whenever I get up. I could get up at 4 and they would act like they hadnt eaten in days. lol. Dinner is around 3:30 although Miila starts begging by 3. Then if they seem like they need a meal again before they get a handful of frozen green beans. They love it and it satisfies their tummys for the night. ;)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
How old is he?,if he's a pup at 5 months then you can put him on adult food,he may need a higher protein content also,has he been wormed ?,karen

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
How old is he?,if he's a pup at 5 months then you can put him on adult food,he may need a higher protein content also,has he been wormed ?,karen

He'll be 4 months on the 24th, and yes he's been wormed, he's on fromm puppy gold, do you think i can switch to the adult at 4 months?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
No slow switch needed! I would start with 4 Star Grain free first to see how he does :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Both my bullies would eat until their belly exploded if I let them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.