Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I would follow the directions on the bag,

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I feed Fromm and followed what the bag said...You can adjust it if you feel he needs more or less.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
We feed Kain 3/4 cup - 3 times a day... Almost a full cup each time so about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups a day @ 6 months old.

We keep Kain fit and trim so I feel the bag recommendation is too high for our liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes that does not seem like enough for a 5 month old. I would guess around 3 cups per day, that is what I am feeding my 5 mo old right now :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is 6 months old and 36 lbs and eats Fromm grain free. He gets 1 cup in the morning and a little over 1 cup at night plus a few snacks through the day. According to the bag he could have more, but the vet seems to think the amount he is getting is plenty - over 800 calories. Since Tank is not very active, he said 800 to 900 calories was good. Very important not to let him get overweight, as it is hard on their joints, breathing and over all well being.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
We feed Kain 3/4 cup - 3 times a day... Almost a full cup each time so about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups a day @ 6 months old.

We keep Kain fit and trim so I feel the bag recommendation is too high for our liking.

Ya I agree we've started to feed him 3/4 cup 3 times a day rather than 1/2 a cup I think this is a good middle ground I don't want him to get up to that 65-75lbs I think 55-65 is where a healthy bulldog should be.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo

How is Kains growth what does he weight?

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
At 6 months he is 30 lbs, the 3/4 cup is closer to 1 cup because he is active so I would say more appropriately 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cup a day.

I just posted some pics to the pic thread today and will be posting a basketball video tommorow so you can check him out there.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ya I agree we've started to feed him 3/4 cup 3 times a day rather than 1/2 a cup I think this is a good middle ground I don't want him to get up to that 65-75lbs I think 55-65 is where a healthy bulldog should be.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

See how he does with that and you can always adjust if needed! When you feed a high quality food you tend to not need as much! We went by the bag and fed 2 cups in am and 2 cups in pm and it was a little too much for Brutus! We are now down to 1 1/2 2x a day give or take a little here and there! Not many treats anymore

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Zeus is 5 months old and eats 1 cup Fromm's 3x day. He weighs 25 lbs.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Once they reach 1 year you can cut back a little.... Then once they are mature adults (age 2) they should only require 3/4 c to 1 cup 2 times a day.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus is 5 months old and eats 1 cup Fromm's 3x day. He weighs 25 lbs.

When Brutus was 7 mnths we switched to all stages Fromm and did 2 cups 2x a day per the bag...Just recently we cut back a little each feeding b/c he was gaining a little too much! He is 12 mnths now so he doesnt need as much! At 5 months he is still growing so he would need more! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] feeds her 5 mnth old 3cups per day I belive

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
I feed my 1cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening, she don't get any other snacks, she will be 4 months on the 14th... Right now she is around 15 pounds and is getting over the pnemonia. Sometimes I will throw in a little extra in the evening if she sits around her bowl asking for more.i think it really depends on your bully really.. If hemi does not eat all her breakfast then I will leave it in there and she will get a little extra at dinner time. I am really trying to watch her wait as I don't want her to get to big and then have to cut her back later on.. I'm trying to find that happy medium for her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.