Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hey all,

We are getting our new EB puppy next Saturday. She will be coming to us eating Purina Pro Plan. It is what the breeder feeds the momma, grandma, and all new puppies. Should we keep her on this food or should we change to something better? The breeder has advised us that their EB loves it and is very healthy and happy with it. I just want to make sure we are doing the best for our Lola....

Any comments welcome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Deevod

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
should we wait to see if there are any problems with it?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I can't believe all these breeders that feed their bullies these cheaper foods that aren't that good. Pro plan is not the best food in the world and it's hard to believe all their bullies are doing well on it. We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Well I can't believe all these breeders that feed their bullies these cheaper foods that aren't that good. Pro plan is not the best food in the world and it's hard to believe all their bullies are doing well on it. We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold

I agree 100%...The Purina is not a good food at all! I would reccomend doing a slow switch when she comes home with you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Pro plan is Purina's attempt at making a quality food (in comparison to their puppy chow which is complete JUNK)

Pro plan is not HORRIBLE, but it is still not good enough in my honest opinion for a bulldog. Dog food advisor gives this food 3 stars as an "average rated kibble".

Second, I would never trust the source that their meats and such come from, since Purina makes pure garbage for food they made this food to get in to the owners who are trying to feed their pets a higher quality kibble. But that does not stop or prevent them from making Purina Puppy Chow, Beggin' Strips and all the other junk they make. So in the end I will never feed anything from a company that does not have my pet's best interest as their main priority. Especially when they make claims that those things are actually GOOD for your dog!

So my now long answer is as simple as this, yes make a switch after about a week of being home to something good!

OP
Deevod

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thank you for the responses! I appreciate it! Will be looking into new food!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
go with a 5-star or 6-star food. you will need to feed less and your pup will poop less and be healthier

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.