Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok all convince me Fromm or Arcanna for Bongo and Louie?

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Default Ok all convince me Fromm or Arcanna for Bongo and Louie?

Hi all,

We're going to take Bongo off Orijen large puppy food ( poop inconsistent-imageuploadedbytapatalk1338425084-066141-jpg and too soft) and were thinking of Fromm or Arcanna. What I want for Bongo in food is fart reduction, firm poops, great health and even growth, reduction of tear stains and energy and happy these are not in order.
    Can you all ring in with your experience and help me with making this decision I know there are a lot of you who swear by Fromm and this forum seems to back that food. I've found T-sol in Canada who carries Fromms full line.
    Your help and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
    Frank & Bongo
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ok all convince me Fromm or Arcanna for Bongo and Louie?

I have tried both on Watson..Fromm gave him soft serve poop and I wasn't overfeeding because he only got 3/4 cup twice a day for a 60lb bully. I tried Acana Pacifica and Grasslands and he broke out in really bad hives and had a bad staph infection on his back. But every bully is different, I don't think you can go wrong with starting with one or the other. You should get a small bag to try it out first.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Some do good on Fromm some dont its really trial and error but Fromm is my first choice and take it from there! Fromm is a great food and you can easily switch flavors between Fromm flavors without slow switch. It works good for trying to find the best proetin.
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola is not on fromm now, but we did try both when she wouldnt eat her food. acana made her butt smell soooooo bad (farts). fromm was much much better thats a winky face

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

i suppose i should also say that lola really liked the taste of acana, but i nixed it for above-related reasons

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Haven't tried acana so I would have to say Fromm from personal experience. Cutty is perfect on the surf and turf. No tear stains or anything which is awesome. Miila has allergies so er still in search of what is perfect for her. All 3 have perfect, solid poops I must say. But each dog is diff so it is a matter of trying them out to know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

My pup eats Fromm and it works well for him. No tear stains, little gas but not bad and firm stools couple times a day and best of all he smells much better. He came to us on Nutros puppy food. I was not happy with the overall rating and wanting him on healthier food, plus he always smelled bad, even when bathed weekly. We slowly switch to Fromm beef frittata and all was good but not great - stool comsistency varied daily, so we decided to try Fromm's Surf and Turf. Life is now good! Firm stool and smaller amount but best of all he can go 3 weeks or longer without a bath and still no doggy smell.

As mentioned, all dogs are different and what works for mine may not work for yours, but I'd definitely give it a try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Both Gio and my frenchie Diva are on Fromm Beef Frittata. Gio rarely farts anymore, he used to fart all the time on Natural Balance. His tear stains look much better, he still gets them because he has springtime allergies and his coat is sooooo shiny and soft!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Jake started on Fromm Surf n Turf..but he is sensitive to chicken...sooo we ended up on Beef Fritatta. I still wasn't happy with his poo so we tried Natures Variety and he had a immediate reaction to the Salmon! went back to the Fromm Beef ...waited a bit..had help from @cowsmom and tried Earthborn Holistic!! He is doing great on it...sooo the moral of the story is...hang in there...and ask @cowsmom!!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 05-31-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    i suppose i should also say that lola really liked the taste of acana, but i nixed it for above-related reasons
    What are you feeding Lola?
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

@Fbjdd Lola eats natural balance alpha lamb chicken and rabbit, and we mix in this new zealand jerky-like food ziwipeaks in venison flavor (just enough to keep lola interested - its expensive). and sometimes we mix in a teaspoon of cream cheese, or freeze dried liver ground up into liver dust

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Your bullies will be the ones who eventually tell you which food to feed them but if you stay with the better foods like Fromm, Earthborn, etc. it will make your search that much easier because of the quality of the ingredients. You will usually save money buying the more expensive foods too...... Yes, you heard me right, because you feed less of it to get the nutrition. Remember to do a slow transition or the switch may not go well...

Doing a slow transition is so their tummy doesn't get upset from the difference in ingredients in the old and new foods. It basically is feeding 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old for for about a week, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 old and new for another week. Then 3/4 new food and 1/4 old food for another week before feeding 100% new food. Along the way, if your bullie starts to get loose poo you may want to back up a little on the mixture for a while longer before preceding.
    Also, I had a discussion with a rep from Earthborn a few weeks ago and he said that whenever he transitions from one food to another he adds a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the mix. Said he never has a soft poo issue doing it that way. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads