Ok all convince me Fromm or Arcanna for Bongo and Louie?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

We're going to take Bongo off Orijen large puppy food ( poop inconsistent ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338425084.066141.jpg and too soft) and were thinking of Fromm or Arcanna. What I want for Bongo in food is fart reduction, firm poops, great health and even growth, reduction of tear stains and energy and happy these are not in order.
Can you all ring in with your experience and help me with making this decision I know there are a lot of you who swear by Fromm and this forum seems to back that food. I've found T-sol in Canada who carries Fromms full line.
Your help and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I have tried both on Watson..Fromm gave him soft serve poop and I wasn't overfeeding because he only got 3/4 cup twice a day for a 60lb bully. I tried Acana Pacifica and Grasslands and he broke out in really bad hives and had a bad staph infection on his back. But every bully is different, I don't think you can go wrong with starting with one or the other. You should get a small bag to try it out first.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Some do good on Fromm some dont its really trial and error but Fromm is my first choice and take it from there! Fromm is a great food and you can easily switch flavors between Fromm flavors without slow switch. It works good for trying to find the best proetin.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola is not on fromm now, but we did try both when she wouldnt eat her food. acana made her butt smell soooooo bad (farts). fromm was much much better ;) thats a winky face

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i suppose i should also say that lola really liked the taste of acana, but i nixed it for above-related reasons :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Haven't tried acana so I would have to say Fromm from personal experience. Cutty is perfect on the surf and turf. No tear stains or anything which is awesome. Miila has allergies so er still in search of what is perfect for her. All 3 have perfect, solid poops I must say. But each dog is diff so it is a matter of trying them out to know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My pup eats Fromm and it works well for him. No tear stains, little gas but not bad and firm stools couple times a day and best of all he smells much better. He came to us on Nutros puppy food. I was not happy with the overall rating and wanting him on healthier food, plus he always smelled bad, even when bathed weekly. We slowly switch to Fromm beef frittata and all was good but not great - stool comsistency varied daily, so we decided to try Fromm's Surf and Turf. Life is now good! Firm stool and smaller amount but best of all he can go 3 weeks or longer without a bath and still no doggy smell.

As mentioned, all dogs are different and what works for mine may not work for yours, but I'd definitely give it a try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Both Gio and my frenchie Diva are on Fromm Beef Frittata. Gio rarely farts anymore, he used to fart all the time on Natural Balance. His tear stains look much better, he still gets them because he has springtime allergies and his coat is sooooo shiny and soft!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake started on Fromm Surf n Turf..but he is sensitive to chicken...sooo we ended up on Beef Fritatta. I still wasn't happy with his poo so we tried Natures Variety and :eek: he had a immediate reaction to the Salmon! :bang: went back to the Fromm Beef ...waited a bit..had help from @cowsmom and tried Earthborn Holistic!! He is doing great on it...sooo the moral of the story is...hang in there...and ask @cowsmom!! :ROFL:

Last edited:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=4518]Fbjdd[/MENTION] Lola eats natural balance alpha lamb chicken and rabbit, and we mix in this new zealand jerky-like food ziwipeaks in venison flavor (just enough to keep lola interested - its expensive). and sometimes we mix in a teaspoon of cream cheese, or freeze dried liver ground up into liver dust

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Your bullies will be the ones who eventually tell you which food to feed them but if you stay with the better foods like Fromm, Earthborn, etc. it will make your search that much easier because of the quality of the ingredients. You will usually save money buying the more expensive foods too...... Yes, you heard me right, because you feed less of it to get the nutrition. Remember to do a slow transition or the switch may not go well...

Doing a slow transition is so their tummy doesn't get upset from the difference in ingredients in the old and new foods. It basically is feeding 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old for for about a week, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 old and new for another week. Then 3/4 new food and 1/4 old food for another week before feeding 100% new food. Along the way, if your bullie starts to get loose poo you may want to back up a little on the mixture for a while longer before preceding.
Also, I had a discussion with a rep from Earthborn a few weeks ago and he said that whenever he transitions from one food to another he adds a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the mix. Said he never has a soft poo issue doing it that way. Hope this helps.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Your bullies will be the ones who eventually tell you which food to feed them but if you stay with the better foods like Fromm, Earthborn, etc. it will make your search that much easier because of the quality of the ingredients. You will usually save money buying the more expensive foods too...... Yes, you heard me right, because you feed less of it to get the nutrition. Remember to do a slow transition or the switch may not go well...

Doing a slow transition is so their tummy doesn't get upset from the difference in ingredients in the old and new foods. It basically is feeding 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old for for about a week, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 old and new for another week. Then 3/4 new food and 1/4 old food for another week before feeding 100% new food. Along the way, if your bullie starts to get loose poo you may want to back up a little on the mixture for a while longer before preceding.
Also, I had a discussion with a rep from Earthborn a few weeks ago and he said that whenever he transitions from one food to another he adds a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the mix. Said he never has a soft poo issue doing it that way. Hope this helps.
excellent advice and we feed Duke NVI (nature's variety instinct) beef, duck and lamb, he does very well on these and they are interchangeable!

DinoRoyale

Aug 4, 2011
Red Wing
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Ah yeah. When we first got Angus, the breeder had him on IAMS. His doodoo was of the ice cream variety and good god, the boy would eliminate about 10 times a day. Thus, we tried the Fromm's puppy gold. Woooohoooooooo! It was awesome, his poo reduced to about 2 to 3 times a day, his coat got nice and shiny, no tear stains, and his toots reduced and didn't really stink either! Now he is on Salmon Blue Wilderness and is doing great! Hope you find something that works great for Bongo!

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Great news Bongo and Louie love Fromm beef were on 50/50 in the transition phase to get rid of Orijen, and we noticed a improvement immediately there poop is awesome firm and I can't believe I just said that lol.
We're so happy because just like humans the poop tells all firm good soft bad and Fromm has brought us to the best they've ever been. I noticed that the kibbles are a lot smaller than Orijen which I like all is awesome thanks for the help and advice. Now I just have to find more places other than T sol that carry it in Canada. You guys rock.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online