Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok all convince me Fromm or Arcanna for Bongo and Louie?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ok all convince me Fromm or Arcanna for Bongo and Louie?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Your bullies will be the ones who eventually tell you which food to feed them but if you stay with the better foods like Fromm, Earthborn, etc. it will make your search that much easier because of the quality of the ingredients. You will usually save money buying the more expensive foods too...... Yes, you heard me right, because you feed less of it to get the nutrition. Remember to do a slow transition or the switch may not go well...

Doing a slow transition is so their tummy doesn't get upset from the difference in ingredients in the old and new foods. It basically is feeding 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old for for about a week, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 old and new for another week. Then 3/4 new food and 1/4 old food for another week before feeding 100% new food. Along the way, if your bullie starts to get loose poo you may want to back up a little on the mixture for a while longer before preceding.
    Also, I had a discussion with a rep from Earthborn a few weeks ago and he said that whenever he transitions from one food to another he adds a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the mix. Said he never has a soft poo issue doing it that way. Hope this helps.
    excellent advice and we feed Duke NVI (nature's variety instinct) beef, duck and lamb, he does very well on these and they are interchangeable!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angus
    Likes (Received)

Ah yeah. When we first got Angus, the breeder had him on IAMS. His doodoo was of the ice cream variety and good god, the boy would eliminate about 10 times a day. Thus, we tried the Fromm's puppy gold. Woooohoooooooo! It was awesome, his poo reduced to about 2 to 3 times a day, his coat got nice and shiny, no tear stains, and his toots reduced and didn't really stink either! Now he is on Salmon Blue Wilderness and is doing great! Hope you find something that works great for Bongo!
    I don't own a bulldog, my bulldog owns me...

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Hi all,

Great news Bongo and Louie love Fromm beef were on 50/50 in the transition phase to get rid of Orijen, and we noticed a improvement immediately there poop is awesome firm and I can't believe I just said that lol.
    We're so happy because just like humans the poop tells all firm good soft bad and Fromm has brought us to the best they've ever been. I noticed that the kibbles are a lot smaller than Orijen which I like all is awesome thanks for the help and advice. Now I just have to find more places other than T sol that carry it in Canada. You guys rock.

Sent from my iPad
    Frank & Bongo
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good to hear that Bongo is doing well on Fromm. It is always great to find a food that will work for your bully

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads