8 week old english bulldog puppy food

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey guys,

i went to the pet food place and talked with the owner about the different foods. I ended up choosing earthborn meadow feast, i wanted puppy vantage but didnt like that it wasnt grain free. Im currently on day 3 of slowing switching foods for my puppy. Poop smells less potent then before which is a good thing! he munches this stuff up! but poo is still inconsistent, i will have to wait till after the full switch over to see how he does.

thanks for everyones help on this.

It took us about a month to see a full difference in :poo: and :fart: after switching foods...If you notice its softer cut back a little on the new food or you can add some canned pumpkin (not pie filling) and that will help with loose stool

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
thanks for your help, really. I am almost done switching foods, the poo is still soft. well, half firm half soft. is it normal if he is eating about 1/2 cup x3 times a day? i was giving him 3/4 cup but i am cutting back because he doesnt eat all of it.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
We just started Einstein on earthborn about 2 weeks ago. He was on taste of the wild until the recall. Haven't noticed a difference yet. Good luck and keep us posted. He is adorable by the way!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
thanks for your help, really. I am almost done switching foods, the poo is still soft. well, half firm half soft. is it normal if he is eating about 1/2 cup x3 times a day? i was giving him 3/4 cup but i am cutting back because he doesnt eat all of it.

Brutus gets 2 x a day 1 1/4 cup ... Sometimes if he had fruit/veggies I will give him less...He is almost 12 mnths but very active

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
i see a earthborn puppy vantage formula but its not grain free and it has garlic in there. Which earthborn doggy food should i get ?

Don't be afraid of the garlic. The amount he would have to eat to do him harm is ridiculously high. Small amounts are fine (some would even say beneficial)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
ALot of the food choices you have are great, it just depends on what works for your bully. we went through at least 6 kibbles before we just settled on one that lola liked. it was taste based, we havent found anything that disagrees with her yet - allergy wise or poo wise. except acana, which disagreed with her smelly bum! maybe i just disagreed with it. :) :) :) we're on natural balance alpha lamb and rabbit formula with some liver treats sprinkled on top!

Staff online

Members online