8 week old english bulldog puppy food

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
Hi guys,

im from hawaii and here we dont have much selection. We do have petco but i dont want to give my bulldog royal canin. Which brand should i get? Blue Buffalo, Solid Gold, Wellness, Orijen, Earthborn. I was quoted 56 dollars for a 20 lb bag of earthborn puppy formula. It seems very expensive for this stuff. The lady also told me not to buy the big bags because they will spoil if you dont use them in around 6 weeks or so. Please guide me to the right direction please!

If you do reccomend something, can you specify the exact bag to get?

thanks,
Steven

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
hey guys , doing more research i found they also sell taste of the wild , which is what im leaning towards now. I can get the 28lb bag for $60. i guess i have to pay the premium for my bullies health! if you did or are using TOTW puppy formula please let me know your results! Oh no now i just seen a recall for the dog food but it says nothing about hawaii being affected. I was also researching nuvet plus , this stuff is really expensive! Do you guys use nuvet plus and nujoint plus?

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@English Bulldog Nutrition Forum

You will find this helpful at top of page under articles. then see what is available in your area.

Welcome to the site.

Pictures please

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
ok im really lost with all this, ive looked on the guide and seem to be lost in the world of dog food. Fromm would be my first choice but we dont have it here. My puppy is eating eukanuba which i really dont like but the person i got the puppy from gave me the food. please help me choose one from the list, blue buffalo, avoderm, merrick, artemis, welness, TOTW, orijen, earthborn and natures variety. in the mean time i will keep browsing this forum.

thanks everyone:pray:

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
here is a shot of "Buster" imagejpeg_2_27.jpg

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
IMAG0022.jpg

Here is my first true love of my life... RIP Marley

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We were feeding Brutus solid gold lamb/rice and he did horrible on it! Thank goodness to this site we switched to Fromm .... I would say Earthborn out of all of those choices! I have never tried it though..

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
thank you for your advice.. i really appreciate it!

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
i see a earthborn puppy vantage formula but its not grain free and it has garlic in there. Which earthborn doggy food should i get ?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
This is the ingredient list and the garlic is way down on this list....
[h=3]Earthborn Holistic[SUB]®[/SUB] Puppy Vantage[SUB][/SUB] Natural Puppy Food: Ingredients[/h]
Chicken Meal, Whitefish Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice, Rye Flour, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), Tomato Pomace, Ground Flaxseed, Apples, Blueberries, Carrots, Peas, Spinach, Garlic, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, L-Carnitine, Vitamin B12 Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Ferrous Sulfate, Biotin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product

Out of the choices you have I think this is a good one...I will tag [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] she will be able to give you more insight on what food to choose...I started Brutus with Solid Gold Lamb Rice and he had soft poo..We finally switched to all stages at 7 months and its been great since! Food is a trial and error..Hope for good results :)

linda4568

Aug 7, 2010
Eagle River, Ak
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
My Bullies are allergic to chicken so I use nature's domain from Costco. Its turkey & sweet potatoes works wonderful.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Everything I'm reading (advice from these boards and other forums) mention that Bully Puppies do not need 'Puppy Food' as it is so high in Protein (30-32% (?) ) Hershey was on BiJack - but I do not know what protein he was on - we have used TASTE OF THE WILD (ToTW) with good success with Gizmo, but the recalls are scaring the CRAP out of us. We picked up Blue Buffalo 'Wilderness' Chicken - One of the most important things is for it to be Grain Free in my opinion.

Blue Buffalo does tend to make the bullies a little Gassy (we confirmed that, on a 3 hour trip from our grandson's 1st birthday) the pup slept in my wifes lap the whole way... but WHEW ! ! ! roll down the windows NOW ! LOL

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Get some of the Earthborn puppy food. It's high quality food. Don't get a huge bag til you know if it will work with your bully. Food choices depend entirely on the bully as not all bullies can eat the same food. Food allergies in bullies are high but not all the same. Get it, try it, and if it doesn't work, move to another high quality food. Transition him to the new food slowly, very slowly. If you don't know how ask here and I will explain it.
Thanx for joining EBN.... :welcome:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Out of the choices you mentioned I would try Orijen or Earthborn. I imagine the price has to do with being in HI, it is about $15 cheaper in the USA. [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] is also in HI maybe he can help?

OP
M

marleyk

May 27, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlee
Hey guys,

i went to the pet food place and talked with the owner about the different foods. I ended up choosing earthborn meadow feast, i wanted puppy vantage but didnt like that it wasnt grain free. Im currently on day 3 of slowing switching foods for my puppy. Poop smells less potent then before which is a good thing! he munches this stuff up! but poo is still inconsistent, i will have to wait till after the full switch over to see how he does.

thanks for everyones help on this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.