Opinions on Earthborn and Canine Caviar

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I originally wanted to go the Fromm route, but have been checking out the local stores and am finding more Earthborn and Canine Caviar on their shelves. It's definitely nice to know that it's available locally (while Fromm isn't) if I were to slip up and run out. I'm aware of ordering on PetFlow, but would like to hear of any opinions on Earthborn and Canine Caviar if anyone has tried either or both and what their experiences were.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4890]spork3127[/MENTION] i have not used canine caviar but i have used earthborn. earthborn is a great food for the price. i use the great plains on one of my bostons and he is doing great on it. we have others here that use this one and meadow feast seems to be poplular also. i have 2 cats on this food who are doing awsome. i really like this food. now i have not used canine caviar but im not sure its earthborn quality. of the two i would probably go with earthborn. now that does not mean that your bully will not do good on canine cariar. good luck.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! I think I may try the Earthborn since I can pick it up locally at a couple of places. Do you recommend starting off with the puppy vantage and then going to one of the grain free flavors, or is Earthborn an ALS food where I could go right for one of the grain free flavors and trying that? I've been out of the puppy stages for a while, so I'm a little rusty. :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Earthborn is an excellent food BUT, not all bullies are the same and their allergies vary widely so whether or not it will be right for your bully we can't say. It's pretty much a trial and error type of thing in choosing a food. Make sure you do a slow transition from one food to another.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Definitely understand that. Once we get our puppy in a couple more weeks, we'll be transitioning her to something new and hopefully better for her than what the breeder is using. I like to be able to get as much locally as possible, especially when I can support the local shops in our small town. I also have this weird side of me that likes to be able to inspect the bag and pick the store over like I have some kind of complex to make sure that both the bag and store meet my approval. Since I can get Earthborn locally, it seems like a good one to try first. I just need to do some more reading on it to see how long to try the puppy vantage before going to grain free or if it's ALS to where I can go with the grain free from the start. (assuming she does good on it)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i believe you can switch to grain free at 4 months old i think the website said. good luck keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.