Cooking Bones...

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I saw in a post a couple of weeks ago about cooking a soup bone for their dog, and I didn't save it. Now, I can't find it, but do want to try this for my pup. I think it said 15 minutes at 350 - no longer or bone can splinter, but cooked enough so that's it's not messy in the house. Can anyone confirm the cook time and temperature? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I didn't see the post, but I don't recommend cooking any bone, ever. It's one of the first and most important things you'll find in a rawfeeder's manual because, as you mentioned, they'll splinter. It's too big of a risk to take in my opinion.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I agree with savemejeebus, please don't cook bones. Bones are digestible only raw. Cooked bones will spinter and can cause damage in your pups intestines. You can feed them raw on top of a towel or a shower curtain, so there's no mess in the house.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Well, I can see what the other two people that posted above are saying but...That was me that posted about the soup bones. They are the big/heavy soup or marrow bones you get at the grocery store. My dogs won't eat them if they are not cooked a little bit. So, anyway. I do cook them at about 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Take out the marrow when cooked. These bones, when cooked this way never break or splinter. Lasts forever. Bubba can't ever crack any pieces off. i dunno. It works for me but I can understand the others concerns.

OP
Corlando465

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

My pup is 6 months old now, so if the bone is uncooked and my pup does bite off pieces, it is okay for him to swallow? They will digest without risk of blockage or intestinal damage?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.