Fruits and veggies?

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
:hiya:Hi everyone, so i've read a lot on here about Bulldogs Loving fruits? and veggies?? What Kind? and what age is good to start feeding them ? My Rocky is 3 months old, and i want him to be a Healthy Bully!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I give Brutus strawberries, bannana, apple (no seeds) , watermelon ( NO Grapes or Raisins) Veggies I give mostly everything but he loves green beans..Brutus gets 1 egg every other morning and every night with his Fromm he gets 1 -2 tbsp of plain yogurt with his food

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
I give Brutus strawberries, bannana, apple (no seeds) , watermelon ( NO Grapes or Raisins) Veggies I give mostly everything but he loves green beans..Brutus gets 1 egg every other morning and every night with his Fromm he gets 1 -2 tbsp of plain yogurt with his food

Brutus is so cute!!! how old is him? so a 3 month old puppy can eat this as well?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I occasionally feed veggies and sometimes fruit. Usko is the pickiest eater. He loves pineapple and I always give him the harder parts of the fresh pineapple and some softer too. I don't know how well his body uses fruits cause they haven't change a lot on the way out....
All veggies I pure and freeze before mixing it with his raw food, but I can tell that it's never his favorite meal. I think if yor dog likes them and can handle them, why not, but they are not essential.
If your bully is susceptible to yeast or other skin problems it's wise to stay clear of sweet fruits. Too much sugar is not good even from fruits. And when you start introducing new things do it one at the time so you know if your puppy can take it.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus is so cute!!! how old is him? so a 3 month old puppy can eat this as well?

Brutus is 11 months! Thanks! I waited until he was older b/c I didnt know any better! Brutus was just shy of 8 months when we started fruits/veggies.. @deserstskybulldogs can answer at what age to start ??? I would say 4 months but she knows much better! I was reading chat and see that you feed Euakaneba (I cant spell it) I would switch to better puppy food until 4 months or so! Eaukanuba is :poo: LOL I was feeding a 5 star and since swithching to a 6 star Brutus looks great! You should maybe switch foods give it about 1 mnth or 2 on new food and then slowly introduce the veggies/fruit...Fromm has great foods (puppy and then after 4 mnths you cn switch him to all stages (grain free)...Let me know if you need anything else

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Brutus is 11 months! Thanks! I waited until he was older b/c I didnt know any better! Brutus was just shy of 8 months when we started fruits/veggies.. @deserstskybulldogs can answer at what age to start ??? I would say 4 months but she knows much better! I was reading chat and see that you feed Euakaneba (I cant spell it) I would switch to better puppy food until 4 months or so! Eaukanuba is :poo: LOL I was feeding a 5 star and since swithching to a 6 star Brutus looks great! You should maybe switch foods give it about 1 mnth or 2 on new food and then slowly introduce the veggies/fruit...Fromm has great foods (puppy and then after 4 mnths you cn switch him to all stages (grain free)...Let me know if you need anything else

Oh yeah big subject for me lately the EUKAPUKA!!!!!! LOL i did try to switch him to wellness but he didn't take it so good, so now i'm going back to EUKAPUKA and wait 2 more weeks and starting FROMM, i know i cannot wait, i hate to give that you know? ugh!!! lol thanks for all the info!!! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh yeah big subject for me lately the EUKAPUKA!!!!!! LOL i did try to switch him to wellness but he didn't take it so good, so now i'm going back to EUKAPUKA and wait 2 more weeks and starting FROMM, i know i cannot wait, i hate to give that you know? ugh!!! lol thanks for all the info!!! :)

LOL This site is the best! Taught me so much about food and ingredients...I have noticed a good difference in Brutus since switching! Food is really trial and error and what works for some doesnt work for all..I just like from b/c they have a lot of flavors and its no slow switch so its nice to just switch it up at times..Plus their food is made with real ingredients no bi products and fillers..Thats what everyone is here for to learn as much as we can!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I tried the green beans for Otis but he kinda chewed and sucked on them and left them on the floor - he loves peeled apples and I have also been mixing a tablespoon of babyfood squash in his dinner at night (dinner is Blue Buffalo) right now, but plan to switch to Fromm soon.

I purchased salmon oil and give a couple squirts every other day or so.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston

Forgive maybe a silly question, the egg is raw correct?

Speaking of eggs I just have to put this out there because it sounds so good: for human consumption: hard boiled egg wrapped in jimmy dean sausage (the roll kind) and baked or deep fried = yummy!

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
I occasionally feed veggies and sometimes fruit. Usko is the pickiest eater. He loves pineapple and I always give him the harder parts of the fresh pineapple and some softer too. I don't know how well his body uses fruits cause they haven't change a lot on the way out....
All veggies I pure and freeze before mixing it with his raw food, but I can tell that it's never his favorite meal. I think if yor dog likes them and can handle them, why not, but they are not essential.
If your bully is susceptible to yeast or other skin problems it's wise to stay clear of sweet fruits. Too much sugar is not good even from fruits. And when you start introducing new things do it one at the time so you know if your puppy can take it.

Thank you for all the info!!!!! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Forgive maybe a silly question, the egg is raw correct?

Speaking of eggs I just have to put this out there because it sounds so good: for human consumption: hard boiled egg wrapped in jimmy dean sausage (the roll kind) and baked or deep fried = yummy!

ALot of people feed raw egg with shell as well! I tried but Brutus looked at me like Ummmm Im not going to eat that LOL He usually eats everything but 1 lick and it wasnt happening! I scramble it for him :) Mmmmm that does sound good :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is 3 years old, he gets banana, apple (no seeds) blueberries, melons, yogurt, baby carrots, fresh green beans. I switch them all around for his bedtime snacks, or a treat.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My guy is almost 6 months and I have been introducing him the fruits and veggies for the past couple of month. Didn't like banana, not great on apples, raw carrots were fun to chew up and spit out. Strawberries were so so, but just this week I gave him a piece of cantalope. We have a winner! But I don't give him much or may have potty issues....I've been packing some in my lunch and he can smell from the other room and comes begging'. He also likes cooked broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Fruits and veggies are the only people food I share, not that he doesn't "ask" :) Occasionally, I will give him a little peanut butter on a cracker (great way to get him to take pills) or "accidentally" drop a peanut or piece of cereal LOL I'm hoping to find other healthy treat. I haven't yet tried the frozen green beans. Maybe that's next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
ALot of people feed raw egg with shell as well! I tried but Brutus looked at me like Ummmm Im not going to eat that LOL He usually eats everything but 1 lick and it wasnt happening! I scramble it for him :) Mmmmm that does sound good :)

Thank you!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My guy is almost 6 months and I have been introducing him the fruits and veggies for the past couple of month. Didn't like banana, not great on apples, raw carrots were fun to chew up and spit out. Strawberries were so so, but just this week I gave him a piece of cantalope. We have a winner! But I don't give him much or may have potty issues....I've been packing some in my lunch and he can smell from the other room and comes begging'. He also likes cooked broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Fruits and veggies are the only people food I share, not that he doesn't "ask" :) Occasionally, I will give him a little peanut butter on a cracker (great way to get him to take pills) or "accidentally" drop a peanut or piece of cereal LOL I'm hoping to find other healthy treat. I haven't yet tried the frozen green beans. Maybe that's next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, he likes his veggies - thats great!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.