Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fruits and veggies?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

My guy is almost 6 months and I have been introducing him the fruits and veggies for the past couple of month. Didn't like banana, not great on apples, raw carrots were fun to chew up and spit out. Strawberries were so so, but just this week I gave him a piece of cantalope. We have a winner! But I don't give him much or may have potty issues....I've been packing some in my lunch and he can smell from the other room and comes begging'. He also likes cooked broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Fruits and veggies are the only people food I share, not that he doesn't "ask" Occasionally, I will give him a little peanut butter on a cracker (great way to get him to take pills) or "accidentally" drop a peanut or piece of cereal LOL I'm hoping to find other healthy treat. I haven't yet tried the frozen green beans. Maybe that's next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fruits and veggies?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    ALot of people feed raw egg with shell as well! I tried but Brutus looked at me like Ummmm Im not going to eat that LOL He usually eats everything but 1 lick and it wasnt happening! I scramble it for him Mmmmm that does sound good
    Thank you!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
    My guy is almost 6 months and I have been introducing him the fruits and veggies for the past couple of month. Didn't like banana, not great on apples, raw carrots were fun to chew up and spit out. Strawberries were so so, but just this week I gave him a piece of cantalope. We have a winner! But I don't give him much or may have potty issues....I've been packing some in my lunch and he can smell from the other room and comes begging'. He also likes cooked broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Fruits and veggies are the only people food I share, not that he doesn't "ask" Occasionally, I will give him a little peanut butter on a cracker (great way to get him to take pills) or "accidentally" drop a peanut or piece of cereal LOL I'm hoping to find other healthy treat. I haven't yet tried the frozen green beans. Maybe that's next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Wow, he likes his veggies - thats great!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Beefy like apples, bananas, melons of all sorts, and he loves oranges. Veggies he loves green beans and carrots. His all time fave is boiled eggs. When I open the fridge door he starts searching for his eggs.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Silva is very fussy and if its not meat or yogurt (must be plain) dont bother!! lol Stella will eat everything and anything and I mean EVERYTHING!! Her latest was my dtr's bicycle helmut!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

Great!!!! I just wonder how old he should be to start on all this yummy fruits and veggies!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMom31 View Post
    Great!!!! I just wonder how old he should be to start on all this yummy fruits and veggies!!!
    Start with one at a time, just a little at a time to make sure it does not cause poopies. I was doing some training with green beans (gave a bit too many I guess!) and caused a couple of squirts in the past. With anything else, a little bit is good but try not to overdo it

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Start with one at a time, just a little at a time to make sure it does not cause poopies. I was doing some training with green beans (gave a bit too many I guess!) and caused a couple of squirts in the past. With anything else, a little bit is good but try not to overdo it
    Already!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes I give green beans to puppies as treats before they go to their new homes, to ENSURE they get started on the right track with treats

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    ROCKY
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Yes I give green beans to puppies as treats before they go to their new homes, to ENSURE they get started on the right track with treats
    Fresh green beans? I gave Rocky Bananas he LOVES them LOL!!!

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bananas are his new favorite. Loves his pumpkin. I buy the big containers of plain unsweetened organic yogurt and freeze them in ice cube trays. Give him one of those and he'll spend the next 5 minutes licking it until gone. Hard boiled eggs are a big yes! Green beans unfortunately got chewed and spit back out. Carrots were barely chewed/swallowed and came out the other end intact ... I don't give him carrots anymore

Bulldog(s) Names
    Waffle
    Likes (Received)

Waffle loves oranges and they help keep down phlegm buildup!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads