Dog Food Recall

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
We were just recently switching Einstein from Canidae to Taste of the Wild until our neighbors came over and told us that Taste of the Wild was being recalled. They said they were just going to try a different dog food because this isn't the first recall. So I had Jeremy go and get a bag of Earthborn Holistic to try (courtesy of your wonderful suggestions!) We still had some of the Candidae left so that way we wouldn't just spring a brand new food on him. But today I went on Diamonds website and Candiae is on the list of recalls too. I have no idea if the food we have is even the food that is being recalled because I threw the bags away as soon as we put the food in our storage bins. What should I do? Today is the first day of his new food. I don't want him to get an upset stomach from giving him a new food cold turkey! Help!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would use it to transition onto the Earthborn. From what I understand, the salmonella seems to be making people sick more than dogs. Wash your hands and keep his dishes clean. If you were using the old food with no issues..chances are its ok..but a switch would definitely be in order to me too!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree with Becky. If you have been feeding this and everything is fine then just use it to transition. If you have quite a bit left maybe just transition without using the rest of it. Diamond foods are beyond awful. I certainly hope that these brands learn and leave them for good to produce their own foods again. Too bad cuz canidae and totw used ot be good.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I just got all mine switched to TOTW...Gracie and Caleb are doing awesome on it. Last friday they recalled Diamond from the Meta MO plant...Good lord not another food adventure

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would just use what you need to transition and if things are going well do it as quick as they can handle and then get rid of the rest of it if there is alot left. i will no longer be recommending totw to people. its a shame as it was good food that was not to expensive. oh well i guess diamond just cant learn its lesson. the food plate is getting so small with evo, california natural and now totw off my recommendation list. geez.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
all pet stores should have taken all affected food off the shelves weeks ago...what you bought is most likely fine :)

OP
Einstein the Great

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
I can't even remember when we bought it. At least a month ago. Maybe even longer than that. I know Einstein was doing really well with the taste of the wild and now this! Ha oh well. Thank you for the recommendations! We'll just get him transitioned to the new stuff and get rid of the old.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.