Cadet Gourmet Salmon Snacks...from China??

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I bought some salmon snacks and once I got home I realized they're from China. Should I bring them back or do you think they're ok? Ya know that scare with the chicken from china?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont feed anything that was made in China! I dont feed treats like that though either! I used to give Brutus Blue Buffalo Salmon treats but they would give him soft :poo: so we stopped! We give him fruits/veggies or his dog food as treats now!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would take them back.... I don't trust any treats made in China... Even before the chicken treats scare....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree take em back. Not worth it imo. I only buy the high quality, grain free, made in America snacks from good companies I trust. Used to feed whatever but have sipped over the years. Too many dog deaths. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I scour packages for "Made in the USA" for anything I buy for the dogs anymore. Not worth the risk.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
What kinda rubs me the wrong way is, when i walked in, she asked can I help you with anything and I always say no thanks just looking, but this time for some reason I went against what I do and said 'um yea, i'm looking for a treat with no grains, no potato, no chicken' and she says 'oh that's a tough one, here try these' and picks up the first thing she looks at in the aisle that we're in....no real thought went into what she gave her customer. grrr. She better take them back, they're unopen so I don't see why she shouldn't. I really hope she does, b/c if she doesn't I won't give her my business again and I don't want that b/c the NVI treats are $6.99 there and that's the cheapest I've found them :) I'm silly like that. I'll pay $2 more just b/c of my pride lol :bang:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i will not buy a treat unless it says made in the usa and im sure there is nothing in there from china. that scares me anymore.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.