Likes (Received)

Default Re: Needs to GAIN weight

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but:

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

lol This isn't the best one for showing his chicken wing looking ribs ... He's filled out a little in the past few days. I've been shoving treats in his mouth (banana chips and freeze dried tripe)
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post
    lol This isn't the best one for showing his chicken wing looking ribs ... He's filled out a little in the past few days. I've been shoving treats in his mouth (banana chips and freeze dried tripe)
    Hey there --- I forget where you are in PA... out by Pittsburg? I would be wanting to slap that vet too, categorizing a bulldog as any other canine tells you you have to find a new vet. Was he on raw when he had the worms and coccidia or did you switch after?

And... where is @cowsmom and maybe @savemejeebus they may be able to give some food advice???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama I'm in south central Pa in York. I've been trying to find another vet. I called another vet when Belly's face swelled up a few weeks back and the soonest they could get me in was 2 weeks! I even told them she was having labored breathing. Good vets around here are few and far between. When I voice a concern the one we have now talks over top of me. My bullies are my kids , but I lost one to cancer and I'm determined to make sure the 2 I have now are as healthy as I can get them. I only switched Dylan to raw about a week ago . The breeder had him on Purina One lamb and rice. Took several tries with healthier food before I found one he would touch. Initially I tried raw, but he wouldn't touch that , now he gobbles it up. I think he was spoiled with the sugar junk in the purina.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Angelgirl arent you using vital essentials raw food? are you using the real raw or the freeze dried? the freeze dried has more protein and fat maybe try that to fatten him up if you are using the real raw patties. also the vital essentials has nibblets and treats you could feed also. i would also feed him all the natural treats he wanted. some dogs just look skinny. i have a boston that is very long legged and stays thin looking. its just how he is. let us know how its going.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

He is on the vital essentials like his sister. I have him on chicken for another week to make it easier on his system like they suggest in the raw forums. I just picked up a bag of freeze dried tripe and I have some ground in the freezer.

I have a Boston too but since he's 14 now he's getting more round from wanting to sleep all day.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama I'm in south central Pa in York. I've been trying to find another vet. I called another vet when Belly's face swelled up a few weeks back and the soonest they could get me in was 2 weeks! I even told them she was having labored breathing. Good vets around here are few and far between. When I voice a concern the one we have now talks over top of me. My bullies are my kids , but I lost one to cancer and I'm determined to make sure the 2 I have now are as healthy as I can get them. I only switched Dylan to raw about a week ago . The breeder had him on Purina One lamb and rice. Took several tries with healthier food before I found one he would touch. Initially I tried raw, but he wouldn't touch that , now he gobbles it up. I think he was spoiled with the sugar junk in the purina.
    Would any of these be worth the ride and @Sherry is in Denver PA... about 45 mins from you she may have a suggestion

Dr. London and Associates
    York, PA
    717-854-1544

Conestoga Animal Hospital
    113 Martindale Rd
    Ephrata, PA 17522
    717-733-2155

West Chester Veterinary Medical Center
    1141 West Chester Pike
    West Chester, PA 19382
    610-696-8712
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

He is on the vital essentials like his sister. I have him on chicken for another week to make it easier on his system like they suggest in the raw forums. I just picked up a bag of freeze dried tripe and I have some ground in the freezer.

I have a Boston too but since he's 14 now he's getting more round from wanting to sleep all day.
    why dont you pick up some chicken freeze dried nibblets or patties to feed sometimes instead of the frozen just to fatten him up. with the more fat and protein it should put more weight on than the frozen. just an idea.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

you know i had this with sarah. my vet wouldnt come in just 1/2 hour early one morning when sarah was covered in hives with her face swelling and trouble breathing. made me wait till they came in at 730. im like are you kidding me. needless to say i have another vet who actually cares about sarah and goes out of his way to make her better. id be searching for one for sure.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Dr. London was the one I called and he couldn't get me in for 2 weeks He came highly recommended, but I need a vet that is a little more flexible.Next on the call list is Dr. Patton. Do people interview vets? lol.. I'm thinking I should be calling around town and asking questions...

Thanks @cowsmom I have some freeze dried now that I've been feeding as treats. Every time he goes out and does his business I give him treats.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Dr. London was the one I called and he couldn't get me in for 2 weeks He came highly recommended, but I need a vet that is a little more flexible.Next on the call list is Dr. Patton. Do people interview vets? lol.. I'm thinking I should be calling around town and asking questions...

Thanks @cowsmom I have some freeze dried now that I've been feeding as treats. Every time he goes out and does his business I give him treats.
    i wonder if you can google vets like you can doctors and see what people say about them. maybe look up their website and see what you think. finding a good vet is so hard anymore. then finding one that is bulldog knowledgeable is an extra feet. i hope you find someone soon that really cares and has the time to spend.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Conestoga Animal Hospital

113 Martindale Rd

Ephrata, PA 17522

717-733-2155

Like @2BullyMama said, I am 45 minutes away. There should be a few good vets between us. I use this vet, There's 4 on call but they are very familiar with Bully's . I prefer one better then the other 3. Zimmerman is his last name.
    Futile anyhow, they won't take on new patients. But if it's an emergency, I'm sure they wouldn't turn you away. You are Welcome to throw my name in there.

Another one I have used and she is rather expensive, and makes you wait like an hour before getting you in a room. Cocalico Pet and the Gingham Dog. She's on Main street in Denver. She spends a long time on her patients and does much research.
    Her office just doesn't have all the equipment I would like to see her have. Like a electric rising table for bigger animals. Like I said very expensive.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads