Desperate need of advice for food!!!!

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hello! My bully is currently on his last bit of food. I ordered a new bag from pet flow yesterday, so i'm not sure if it will be here before he runs out of his current bag. What are some foods i could food him for dinner tonight and possibly into tomorrow? Rice? I don't know if i want to buy ANOTHER bag of dog food when i just purchased him a huge one of Earth Born Holistic. Advice/opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
The food you ordered is the same as he was eating?? If so you could give him boiled hamburger with rice or potatoes (veggies) until you get the new food...If its new food that he never ate I would get another small bag of old food b/c you need to slow transistion.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i agree with [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] to do hamburger n rice or potatoes till the food comes in. we have others that have had to do that before waiting on food to come. let us know how it goes.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The food you ordered is the same as he was eating?? If so you could give him boiled hamburger with rice or potatoes (veggies) until you get the new food...If its new food that he never ate I would get another small bag of old food b/c you need to slow transistion.

Actually I found out by complete accident that you can do a switch with bland diet... I just mixed half new food with bland diet for a day and never had the poops! It was in this exact same situation, I went to the feed store only to find they were out of my food! So I had to get another type, used the bland diet in-between, and not a squirt to be found!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Actually I found out by complete accident that you can do a switch with bland diet... I just mixed half new food with bland diet for a day and never had the poops! It was in this exact same situation, I went to the feed store only to find they were out of my food! So I had to get another type, used the bland diet in-between, and not a squirt to be found!

Ohhh thats good to know! I thought we should still give old kibble ... Good to know for situations like this! :) @mmmejia024

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It's also not unheard of that dogs can fast a day...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As others have advised.... bland diet (rice/pasta with beef/chicken)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.