Pumpkin

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I want to mix some pumpkin in Otis's dry food, how much is too much and should I do it at both of his feedings. Also, is baby food okay to use?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I give a heaping spoonful for each my boys every so often. Sometimes more to finish the can before they go bad. I found that they last longer when you freeze them in ice cube trays. I'd then thaw and give 1 cube each.

The ones to get are the 100% pure pumpkin, not the pie filling. If the baby food is 100% pumpkin, I'm thinking it should be ok.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you savemejeebus, appreciate it!

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you cali~jenn - by the way I just got back from the grocery sotre and the baby food pumpkin is just (water and pumpkin)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Since BabyGirl has been on medication for her UTI she's not wanted to eat much so I tried chicken and apples babyfood and she laps that up. I checked the ingredient list too!

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Since BabyGirl has been on medication for her UTI she's not wanted to eat much so I tried chicken and apples babyfood and she laps that up. I checked the ingredient list too!

That's great, baby food is expensive but good for them!

nando1301

May 6, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha (Sam)
Samantha was very sick last month and the vet gave me a can of pumpkin to stop her diarrhea it worked great since she didn't want to eat anything. Now I just buy a few cans and I mix it with her dry food once in a while this will help her digestive system. Myself, I rather buy the can than baby food. Check out the pic this is when she was sick..

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Samantha was very sick last month and the vet gave me a can of pumpkin to stop her diarrhea it worked great since she didn't want to eat anything. Now I just buy a few cans and I mix it with her dry food once in a while this will help her digestive system. Myself, I rather buy the can than baby food. Check out the pic this is when she was sick..

I will continue to stock it in my cabinet as well. Samantha is a cutie!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
So do you think baby food is more expensive than a can of Libby's pumpkin? I could probably open a can then freeze the rest in a 4oz Ball jar, right?

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Pumpkin freezes great in ice cube trays - after a day or so i pop them out into a big zip lock bag for storage until needed. It just gets a little watery after it thaws but they don't seem to notice a difference.

EDIT: It works great with yogurt too!

Last edited:

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I did freeze pumpkin in an ice cube tray one time, but the bf kept saying 'what the heck is that stuff, puke? how long is it going to sit in here?'

lol so i got rid of it, since they didn't need it that much. I thought maybe the little Ball jars would look a little more appealing :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.