I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Blue Buffalo

Good morning everyone!

I am slowly changing Otis's food from Eukanaba to Blue Buffalo - anyone out there using it? Wow it's expensive.....
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have never tried Blue Buffalo, I have only tried Blue Wilderness. Remember you will likely need to feed less of this food then Eukapuka... . Hopefully you will get great results... It is a decent food...although not the best to be honest, but many bullies do good on it....which formula did you go with?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blue Buffalo

I have never tried the food before! I am a huge fan of Fromm and drive about 30mins just to get dog food! Its expensive but a healthy bullie begins with a good diet. I never realized what other foods were made with and now I always check ingredients..Have you looked at the food recommendations?
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Likes (Received)

Blue buffalo (or wilderness, can't remember which one) is listed pretty high on that listing of good dog foods. I feed Jackson Blue Wilderness, but lately its been making him throw up ever so often. Nothing else seems to be wrong with him, so we're going to switch.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Dylan was just on blue wilderness. Just found out proctor and gamble bought blue buffalo so i've lost faith that it will be as good as it was. I took him off wilderness and he's on raw like his big sister Belly. we have a doggie boutique not too far away so it's easier for me to get the quality foods, but you definitely pay more for the better foods. It's worth it in the long run if it means less trips to the vet and a longer life for your bully.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Luna
    Likes (Received)

My girl is on Blue Wilderness , we alternate between Chicken and Duck. She has been on it for 3 months and doing great. She was on Merrick before but her poops were soft and muddy, since the switch to Blue, her poops are nice and firm.

Also, Blue Wildness is grain free. I know it's expensive but like others said, you give less per day. I feed 10 month old Luna 2 cups a day and she is perfectly healthy and weights in at 48 lbs. I think it's well worth the extra expense.

Anglegirl - where did you hear that P&G bought Blue Buffalo, I thought BB was private.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

@Kozman my pet food store lady is really knowledgable. She likes to know exactly what is in her food she sells and where they source the ingrediants. She does not sell anything from overseas. She is the one that told me about P & G buying blue and also Natura. I couldn't find any info about it on the web, only about Natura. ( I did see a forum post on another site about them buying Blue) I would rather not take my chances .
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When we first adopted Gio from his previous family they had him on Blue Buffalo, I think it was the Chicken formula. We think he was allergic to the chicken and he had very soft stools on it so we took him off of it. We switched to a few other brands but now we have him on Fromm beef grain free and his stools are great and his face looks great even with his springtime allergies! I personally like Fromm much better, but Blue Buffalo is a good food and I do believe that every bully is different when it comes to food!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

-thumb-lp-puppy-chick-jpgThis is the brand I am feeding him - so far so good but it's only been a few days - I also picked these up for treats -thumb-health-bar-pumpkin-cinnamon-jpgand not only does he like them but they smell so good, I would like to eat them too.

I will look into Fromm - I did ask my pet store about it but they did not sell it, will see if they can order it.

He seems to like his food and I haven't noticed anything different with him.

I hate to keep changing him but really want the best of the best for him, no matter the cost
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Should I be feeding him any veggies?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Luna
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post
    @Kozman my pet food store lady is really knowledgable. She likes to know exactly what is in her food she sells and where they source the ingrediants. She does not sell anything from overseas. She is the one that told me about P & G buying blue and also Natura. I couldn't find any info about it on the web, only about Natura. ( I did see a forum post on another site about them buying Blue) I would rather not take my chances .
    Just an update on Blue Buffalo. I wrote to BB to ask if they are owned by P&G, see below response

Hi Bob,
    Thank you for taking your time to contact BLUE. BLUE is still a privately owned company. The corporate office is still located in Wilton, CT. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have,
    Have a great day!
    Take Care,
    Lisa
    Blue Buffalo Co.

Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the update

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads