Blue Buffalo

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk did great on Blue Buffalo but we are now feeding Blue Wilderness Salmon as it had done best for his skin and no more soft poop. Think he was allergic to chicken. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I'm going to change to the grain free today and see how that works....

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
I feel for you, I went crazy choosing the best food for my girl, heard so many opinions it made my head spin...Merrick, Wellness, Fromm, blah, blah, blah.
You have to try to see what's best for your Bully. As I said before, it took me three tries - first Purina(breeder had her on it) , second switch to Merrick but made my girl have soft poops and bad gas, and then I switched to Blue Wildness, poops were nice and firm and gas is not as bad and it's grain free!!.

Good luck choosing, it may take a few different brands but it will all work out.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I feel for you, I went crazy choosing the best food for my girl, heard so many opinions it made my head spin...Merrick, Wellness, Fromm, blah, blah, blah.
You have to try to see what's best for your Bully. As I said before, it took me three tries - first Purina(breeder had her on it) , second switch to Merrick but made my girl have soft poops and bad gas, and then I switched to Blue Wildness, poops were nice and firm and gas is not as bad and it's grain free!!.

Good luck choosing, it may take a few different brands but it will all work out.

Thank you Kozman - today they ofcourse did not have the grain free puppy Blue Buffalo at my pet store so I am continuing on with the regualr puppy formula but switched flavors - hope he likes it (Chicken and Oatmeal) from Chicken and Brown Rice...

Your right, I could go bonkers trying to decide. So far, so good with what he's on so why chance it, right?!

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
We recently switched from Blue Wildnerness salmon to Merrick's Before Grain buffalo. He did so well on Blue for a long time, but recently it was making him throw up. He's doing great on Merrick's now.

Nice to know, thank you! How does he do with the heat in Texas?

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
We keep the A/C on in the house at a comfortable temperature, plus we keep the ceiling fans on if it feels extra hot. We try not to walk him while the sun is out. So we'll walk him early in the morning and in the evening. He does pretty well.

I plan to do the same. Thank you!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
blue buffalo is ok food. blue wilderness even better. i have fed wilderness before with good results. well not for sarah but my bostons did ok. maybe a switch to the grain free. good luck

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
@Kozman my pet food store lady is really knowledgable. She likes to know exactly what is in her food she sells and where they source the ingrediants. She does not sell anything from overseas. She is the one that told me about P & G buying blue and also Natura. I couldn't find any info about it on the web, only about Natura. ( I did see a forum post on another site about them buying Blue) I would rather not take my chances .

PG did NOT buy Blue Buffalo, its a rumor that is unfounded - if you go to PG site, it lists Eukanaba as a company it owns - Blue Buffalo is totally independent and privately held. Sorry I've seen this rumor too many times from 'People in the know' who...obviously arent. (but you can educate your friend by teaching them GOOGLE :) :) :) :)

Most Reactions

Members online