Blue Buffalo

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Good morning everyone!

I am slowly changing Otis's food from Eukanaba to Blue Buffalo - anyone out there using it? Wow :whistle: it's expensive.....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never tried Blue Buffalo, I have only tried Blue Wilderness. Remember you will likely need to feed less of this food then Eukapuka... :D. Hopefully you will get great results... It is a decent food...although not the best to be honest, but many bullies do good on it....which formula did you go with?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have never tried the food before! I am a huge fan of Fromm and drive about 30mins just to get dog food! Its expensive but a healthy bullie begins with a good diet. I never realized what other foods were made with and now I always check ingredients..Have you looked at the food recommendations?

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Blue buffalo (or wilderness, can't remember which one) is listed pretty high on that listing of good dog foods. I feed Jackson Blue Wilderness, but lately its been making him throw up ever so often. Nothing else seems to be wrong with him, so we're going to switch.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Dylan was just on blue wilderness. Just found out proctor and gamble bought blue buffalo so i've lost faith that it will be as good as it was. I took him off wilderness and he's on raw like his big sister Belly. we have a doggie boutique not too far away so it's easier for me to get the quality foods, but you definitely pay more for the better foods. It's worth it in the long run if it means less trips to the vet and a longer life for your bully.

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My girl is on Blue Wilderness , we alternate between Chicken and Duck. She has been on it for 3 months and doing great. She was on Merrick before but her poops were soft and muddy, since the switch to Blue, her poops are nice and firm.

Also, Blue Wildness is grain free. I know it's expensive but like others said, you give less per day. I feed 10 month old Luna 2 cups a day and she is perfectly healthy and weights in at 48 lbs. I think it's well worth the extra expense.

Anglegirl - where did you hear that P&G bought Blue Buffalo, I thought BB was private.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
[MENTION=3699]Kozman[/MENTION] my pet food store lady is really knowledgable. She likes to know exactly what is in her food she sells and where they source the ingrediants. She does not sell anything from overseas. She is the one that told me about P & G buying blue and also Natura. I couldn't find any info about it on the web, only about Natura. ( I did see a forum post on another site about them buying Blue) I would rather not take my chances .

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
When we first adopted Gio from his previous family they had him on Blue Buffalo, I think it was the Chicken formula. We think he was allergic to the chicken and he had very soft stools on it so we took him off of it. We switched to a few other brands but now we have him on Fromm beef grain free and his stools are great and his face looks great even with his springtime allergies! I personally like Fromm much better, but Blue Buffalo is a good food and I do believe that every bully is different when it comes to food!

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/dog-food/lp-puppy-chicken thumb-lp-puppy-chick.jpgThis is the brand I am feeding him - so far so good but it's only been a few days - I also picked these up for treats thumb-health-bar-pumpkin-cinnamon.jpgand not only does he like them but they smell so good, I would like to eat them too:eek:.

I will look into Fromm - I did ask my pet store about it but they did not sell it, will see if they can order it.

He seems to like his food and I haven't noticed anything different with him.

I hate to keep changing him but really want the best of the best for him, no matter the cost

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Should I be feeding him any veggies?

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
@Kozman my pet food store lady is really knowledgable. She likes to know exactly what is in her food she sells and where they source the ingrediants. She does not sell anything from overseas. She is the one that told me about P & G buying blue and also Natura. I couldn't find any info about it on the web, only about Natura. ( I did see a forum post on another site about them buying Blue) I would rather not take my chances .

Just an update on Blue Buffalo. I wrote to BB to ask if they are owned by P&G, see below response

Hi Bob,
Thank you for taking your time to contact BLUE. BLUE is still a privately owned company. The corporate office is still located in Wilton, CT. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have,
Have a great day!
Take Care,
Lisa
Blue Buffalo Co.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you for the update

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Just an update on Blue Buffalo. I wrote to BB to ask if they are owned by P&G, see below response

Hi Bob,
Thank you for taking your time to contact BLUE. BLUE is still a privately owned company. The corporate office is still located in Wilton, CT. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have,
Have a great day!
Take Care,
Lisa
Blue Buffalo Co.

THANK YOU ! ! ! I always hate all of the rumors - and 'I was told by my sisters, boyfriends, 3rd cousin who used to work for a neighbor of the guy who once made' . . . you get the idea - People unless *YOU* have read it for yourself, from a real website (the actual companies in question) - then its probably a 'Rumor' that is probably not factual -

Bob beat me to the punch as I was checking out P&G brands on their website http://www.pg.com/en_US/brands/all_brands.shtml (nothing on BB but they do own Eukanuba).

When I googled P&G and BlueBuffalo, there are numberous posts on different Breed Forums that say, 'I was told by, a person in the know' but no hard facts. That's usually a GREAT Giveaway of the validity of a statement. If you ever get those other stories that seem to run rampant via Emails, Facebook etc. go to WWW.SNOPES.COM and search their site. They love busting Urban Legends :) :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/dog-food/lp-puppy-chickenView attachment 21181This is the brand I am feeding him - so far so good but it's only been a few days - I also picked these up for treats View attachment 21182and not only does he like them but they smell so good, I would like to eat them too:eek:.

I will look into Fromm - I did ask my pet store about it but they did not sell it, will see if they can order it.

He seems to like his food and I haven't noticed anything different with him.

I hate to keep changing him but really want the best of the best for him, no matter the cost

If it is working good don't switch just yet. But when you do you can get Fromm from petflow , Just use our link and give code englishbulldog for free shipping over $49

It is much easier then waiting for stores to special order it for you unless they plan on stocking it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online